I'm gonna do this the right way!

Options
Hey people. My name is Jessica. I'm a 27 yr old single mom from MI. I have struggled with weight since I was a young girl. In high school I lost a very significant amount of weight in a very short amount of time from not eating/binging and purging.. Of course I gained that weight back. The only other time I have been "skinny" is because of drug use. I'm putting this out there rather bluntly because it's true. It' s my story. I am a recovering addict who's been clean for 3 yrs and 8 months. Since getting clean I've gained a lot of weight including baby weight, but my son is almost 3 now and I'm still considerably over weight. I started eating healthy, drinking more water, exercising and tracking what I eat on here just 8 days ago but I have to tell you I feel so much better. I have more energy, I feel less moody, better able to keep up and have fun with my son. I really, really want this. I want to look in the mirror and like the body I see. This is my time and I am determined to be healthy and do this the right way!

Replies

• treycee883
    treycee883 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there 30 from UK. Firstly i would like to congratulate you on getting on the right path! I log everyday, and keep an open diary. feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey to fitness ????????
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I can very much relate to your story...I think I am living proof that no matter what your past is like, your future and your health and well being can be awesome! I'm going to send you a FR :)
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I admire your honesty, well done for turning your life around. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing your story...it def takes courage to put yourself out there honestly. I'm wishing you the very best on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. I've struggled with weight and self esteem issues my whole life. I was never "skinny" but I also had my share of eating disorders over the years and some other self harm habits. I came here just so I could track my own progress, but I've been building a support network. It's really helped to keep me motivated and to stay kind to myself.
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Really admire your courage and for being so honest.

I agree - it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.

Feel free to add me - I'm a daily logger of food and exercise :)
  • jessicaduperon
    jessicaduperon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, for the kind and encouraging words. I also came here just to track what I'm eating but I've realized I will need some support from those that are fighting the same fight. I needed help and continue to need help staying clean ( 12 step meetings), so I figure to be successful I should treat this the same way. This is a very personal journey for me and I am very private about it with my friends and family. I am the same way about my recovery. I am have an amazing, kind and supportive family but I am still not comfortable talking with them about either of these things. I am encouraged to know that support in this journey is but a few key strokes away. :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good for you on beating your addiction..i know how rough that can be!

This place as you can see is full of supportive people, many who have gone through the same or similar trials...your in the right place.