are there foods you just cant handle?

Options
Live and Learn. I am learning I just cant handle buffets, especially pizza buffets. I cannot handle large bags of chips. I cannot stop eating them, small bags work fine for me. I can not have chocolate candy around or a whole cake. I eat a piece and if I freeze the rest I am ok or give it away. I just came from a church luncheon, couldn't figure out my problem, now I know it was like a buffet and they said take food home (definitely a bad idea). I guess I could have eaten one plate (who knew?) What are your trigger food or trigger places?

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Homemade baked goods make me:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23571-1363805457-13_zps904707c5.gif
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers bites. Especially the cherry ones. The whole bag will be gone and I'll be sick. I'm good - until I open them. So I don't buy those!
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Big time. I do not keep any cheesey crackers at home because I will cop a bad attitude and say diet starts tomorrow and eat all of them. Cheetos, cheesey poofs, goldfish I can't handle it. I feel better not having any than a handful. Have a hard time with pizza also. I know a lot of people say "moderation is key" but I think if certain food or situation triggers an uncontrollable response in you and sometimes best to avoid them and put your success first.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Lays Kettle-cooked jalapeno chips. I can't eat just one....or one serving...or four servings. :love: I just don't buy them :sad:
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Mini Eggs--- They are only out once a year, and every year I normally buy 6 big bags. Not anymore happy to say have only had one of the bit size mini bags this year. :cry:
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Mini Eggs--- They are only out once a year, and every year I normally buy 6 big bags. Not anymore happy to say have only had one of the bit size mini bags this year. :cry:

My husband introduced me to these 20 years ago, and I'm still loving them. So far I'm staying in control of them, though.
  • auntleenie14
    auntleenie14 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Haribo Peach slices
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    thanks, I guess I was feeling guilty for not having more self control. But I now know it is ok to get those too tempting foods out of sight! I try to avoid buffets at the beach also, no wonder I usually gain weight on vacation if I do buffets. I guess I am too greedy and try to get my moneys worth at buffets! lol
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Papa John's buffalo chicken pizza. I'm not even that much of a pizza fan, and can have it in moderation, even on a buffet...but oh man, if I order one of these things, I will eat half and still want more.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I can't have just one slice of good pizza (local place, home made, Papa Murpheys chicken garlic, or Dominos pepperoni bacon). "Have one slice and then a nice salad!" they say, but I say :mad: to that. I still eat pizza 2-4 times a month, I just make sure that a quarter of a large/family size will fit my weekly calories/macros :drinker:. So I suppose I can handle it, just not in the "best" way, or maybe this IS the best way, cuz.... PIZZA!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Haribo Gummy Bears.... those little *kitten* better start running for the hills when that bag gets opened ... it's carnage after that..:devil:
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can't keep any kind of potato chip in the house or the whole bag will get eaten in one sitting.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    buffets would do me in, because its all you can eat for free! however, next weekend my family is going for easter buffet so i am already choosing what i will eat. there are a lot of things there that will fit into my plan. I will indulge in chocolate covered strawberries and a piece of cheesecake for dessert. But i easily can bypass some of the other food and still get my money's worth!

also any fun food i associate with vacation, the main culprit - Dairy Queen sundaes. When im on the road, visiting family and its a nice sunny warm day, my mind is obsessed with getting ice cream , but it has to be Dairy Queen. I can bypass others haha but no i really had to stop at Dairy Queen before i got home or else i would feel deprived.

i savored every bite of that hot fudge sundae!
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    Homemade baked goods make me:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23571-1363805457-13_zps904707c5.gif
    Me too. Especially home made cheesecake or brownies. :laugh: I usually end up eating more of a portion of those than I intend to but they're only made every once in a while so I try not to stress about it and just enjoy it.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could handle an entire tuna. Those suckers are huge and I'm guessing they are pretty slippery when fresh.
  • Mgsilve
    Mgsilve Posts: 24
    Options
    Almost any food in bulk. I just have to stick to individual packaging or I'm in big trouble. Chocolate and nutella are the worst for me.
  • xmarykaterose
    xmarykaterose Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can say no to virtually every food except cake and microwave buttery popcorn.

they are my kryptonite to no end.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffets!
  • bwats33
    bwats33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tobasco Cheese-Its!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cake and muffins etc... Gets me every single time.