Need dinner ideas Under 500 cal

Options
Nathalia2009
Nathalia2009 Posts: 75 Member
I am getting tired of eating the same ol'. If you have any recipes that you are willing to share please do! There is not anything that we do not eat really.

My norm:

Grilled chk (various seasonings) and veggie
chicken parm loaf & veggies
turkey tacos on corn tortilla
baked chicken tenders with low sugar ketchup & veggies
grilled pork chop and veggies

Replies

• ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ramen?
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    sometimes I just take some ground turkey and brown it up with some rotel tomatoes and whatever veggies I have on hand...broccoli is good and so are brussels sprouts. And if I have the calories I'll have half an avocado with it. Very good, super easy and cheap, and filling.
  • terriveller
    terriveller Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Quesadilas with lots of grilled veggies/grilled chicken or steak/ small amount of cheese/lots of picante sauce. I use different spices to vary the routine anything from cajun to italian. Easy and fast to make.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I make a bean soup that is fast and easy and has about 200 calories per serving so you could easily add a protein and salad or other side and some bread and still be under 500 calories:

Diced onion, bell peppers, carrrots, celery - 1/2c -1 c of each. Add a jalapeno if you like a little heat
    1 - 15 oz can each, drained and rinsed - black beans, white beans, kidney beans and pinto beans
    1 can shoepeg (white) corn, drained and rinsed (or 1 c frozen white corn)
    1 can petite diced tomatoes (could substitute a jar of salsa to add a kick as well)
    32 oz vegetable or chicken broth
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Add chili powder or other seasonings if you like

This makes 8 servings and is great left over for lunches. If you don't like using canned beans you could buy dry beans (I like the 15 bean soup mix) and make this in the crock pot, using more liquid.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    chicken stir fry ( I call it American, b/c I don't use any sauce)
    Cook your rice.
    Saute your chicken breast with a touch of oil, onions, salt, pepper, & garlic.
    Add chopped fresh peppers, frozen broccoli, carrots, snap peas, with 1/4 cup of water for steaming. Cover with lid until veggies are tender.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinnytaste.com tons of healthy recipes. There are numerous websites to get healthy recipes.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Chili made with ground turkey breast, roasted sweet peppers and pablanos, and at least two kinds of white beans (canelloni, navy, etc.) It's very fragrant, flavorful, and pretty.

Posole, made with chicken or pork, roasted pablonos, and hominy.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    white chicken chili
    tilapia puttanesca
    6 ounce sirloin, side of broccoli and small salad with one of the boathouse farms yogurt dressings
    any bean soup
    grilled pork loin with grilled asparagus
    cappellini pomodoro
    any primavera sauce over a 2 ounce serving of pasta.

There are millions of ideas online.
  • Janelle31
    Janelle31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Check out the Eating Well website. They have some really great recipes and even have a series of menus that are calorie based. If I feel like I've gotten in a bit of a slump, I'll often pick something from here.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/menus_meal_plans
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com, eatbetteramerica.com (healthified recipes are yummy). Coconut shrimp, pecan crusted tilapia, garlic shrimp fettucine, chicken parmesan, chicken fried rice, tangy pork roast etc...Many good recipes!
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This is a good recipe for Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, I'm sure it doesn't have to be done in a slow cooker. My only comment is that I would do the noodles separate so they don't go mushy. Its a hearty soup, only 397 cal per serving, its really quite filling, I made it yesterday and my husband and I each only had one bowl. If you wanted to cut the calories even more, don't put the cheese mixture in.

http://fooddonelight.com/slow-cooker-lasagna-soup/

I should mention that I ended up freezing 3 containers, so about 5 servings for one of our Soup and Sandwich Wednesdays. :)
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I made chicken bacon ranch pasta the other night in the crock pot. SOOOOOOO good! Two servings (two cups)) is 565 calories. If you really want to stay under, just have 1 serving and a side salad. It was really filling. You can probably even lighten it up by just replacing some of the ingredients with lighter substitutes (i.e. whole wheat pasta, fat free sour cream (maybe even plain greek yogurt instead of the sour cream?), turkey bacon etc.). Be careful though....EXTREMELY high in sodium. You can probably toss some frozen broccoli in there too (I used peas because I love them). It is already in the database so it's easy to add to your diary as well. I put it on high for 4 hours and it came out perfect. Here is the link to the recipe.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-bacon-ranch-chicken-and-pasta/997c0a46-b7d8-481e-8919-5f563b1dde66
  • SuziQGettinFit
    Options
    One meal that I love is: about 2 cups diced celery, 1 cup peppers, 1/2 cup peas, 1/2 cup cauliflower (or can use any combination of veggies) all sauteed together in coconut oil til nice and soft. Then add 2 cups brown rice and a baked chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces. Sometimes I add a little bit of cooked quinoa. I add a couple tablespoons of coconut (non-soy) sauce, some sea salt and pepper and ginger. Feeds 2-3. Low in calories and is very filling! Never need an evening snack after having this!:happy:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I love roasting a whole turkey and then freezing 100g portions.

You can use it for so many things, but my go-to's are:
    - Turkey, rice, brocolli and tons of tzatziki and srirachi
    - Turkey stuffed peppers with rice, tomato sauce and buttloads of cheese and mushrooms
    - Turkey stir fry - any veggies or other carbs you'd like
    - Rice tortilla wrap pizza with turkey and various other toppings

Just pick what you like and play around with it!
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly a recipe, but this weekend I tried hot Italian turkey sausage (jennie-o brand) and was very impressed. 1 sausage link is 160 calories. I typically fry them up in a little oil with onions and peppers. If it has been a really good day I can throw it on a roll, typically I just eat it with lots of veggies! I was so surprised at how low cal these sausages were.
  • tbs41
    tbs41 Posts: 8
    Options
    black beans & rice!
    canned black beans, drained & rinsed.
    white or jasmine rice cooked in veggie broth
    TONS of cilantro, green onions & pico de gallo or mango salsa
    1 tbsp olive oil
    salt & pepper to taste- delicious, quick & yummy!
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Check out the hungry girl website/cookbooks!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Omelettes.

Broiled fish, sweet potatoes, veggies.
  • cpdiminish
    Options
    Stuffed mushrooms. Of course the calories could vary depending on the ingredients in your stuffing. I normally make batches of about 18 large mushrooms and bake any leftover stuffing in an oven-safe dish

Favorite stuffing ingredients for a savory stuffing include (all cut up pretty darned tiny because I'm a glutton for that sort of punishment):

• Black olives (1 can)
    • Sweet italian sausage (I normally just use one link cut up into small pieces then browned before added to the stuffing)
    • Stems from your mushrooms
    • Bread crumbs (I do anywhere from 2-4 slices)
    • Bell pepper - any color
    • Onions and garlic (I can't eat alliums so I don't know how much I'd recommend for either.)
    • Cheese - grated or diced tiny. 2 oz. is the most I've ever added)
    • Celery - (3-4 stalks though the inner leafy sections work well too.
    • Spices of your choosing (I normally do the green ones, basil, thyme, tarragon, oregano, marjoram)
    • Salt and pepper. (The celery already adds plenty of salty flavor so you don't need much)
    • Butter (I try to avoid extra calories and only use enough to get things to stick together. How much you need may vary depending on how mushy your bread is, how much water was in your veggies, etc. I try to stay under a stick even for my biggest batches.

Pile as much stuffing as you can into a mushroom and space out on your baking tray. I think I normally cook at 375, though I just pull them out when they smell right so I don't know for how long.

I don't oil my baking pans and have no trouble with clean up, the mushrooms being rather moist already. And my stuffing doesn't stick together because I don't use much bread but is still is quite tasty - the sausage adding my favorite flavors.

Last time I made them I tallied up the calories and figure the entire thing was about 2400 for the ingredients listed above. That was four 300-calorie meals of 4-5 stuffed mushrooms and 6 servings of stuffing for a side dish at 200 calories per serving. You could probably cut the calories by skipping the olives.