At home dvd trainers/workout videos

Options
I belong to a gym but need to shake things up a bit and can't afford a personal trainer. I think some of these workout dvd's are just as good if not better than hiring a trainer. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who has used a workout DVD that you've liked.. or for that matter if you tried one and didn't like it and if you could give your reasons that would also be great!

Here are some I'm considering but open to suggestions:

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
Jillian Michael's Body Revolution
Shaun T's Beach Body
Tony Horton - 10 minute trainer
Brazilian Butt Lift (would need an upper body video to supplement)
Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis

Thank you so much if anyone is able to give feedback!

Replies

• jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Would definitely recommend the Shred; I've done it twice and loved it. JM has another DVD out now called "Ripped in 30" that I haven't yet tried, but I've heard very good things about it. Haven't done Body Revolution. She has plenty of good choices out there :smile:
  • MrsKgettingfit
    MrsKgettingfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean Xtreme atm and love it!! Tried jm 30ds and didn't like it tbh found it boring just didn't keep me interested.
  • pixelled
    pixelled Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jillian_fan! She has 3 videos that I'm debating .. Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred and the Body Revolution.. guess i'll go on Amazon to see what reviewers are saying - I only want to start with one for now.
  • banshee78
    banshee78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through 30ds, I can feel a difference in my fitness, and I enjoy it. . I tried burn fat boost metabolism on you tube decided to do shred 1st. Level 1 of shred is on you tube, you could look through youtube and try some before deciding. I would recommend shred.
  • pixelled
    Options
    Chalean Xtreme looks good too! Ahhh how to decide!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    In doing ripped in 30 on you tube...it might not always be available on there, but good to try for free to get an idea.
  • pixelled
    Options
    Great idea! found a bunch of them on youtube.. just started watching the intro where she talks about the program .. this is my problem:

"One caveat, You can eat your way through any amount of exercise." So true!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS and while I saw results I found that Jillian really annoyed me so it tended to make it more of a chore for me.

I love Turbofire. I am just trying to work up my strength again to do it. And I do like several of the 10 min solutions dvds are pretty good... Knockout body, boot camp.

Like someone else suggested it might be worth it to see what you can try for free using youtube to see what you think.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS and while I saw results I found that Jillian really annoyed me so it tended to make it more of a chore for me.

I love Turbofire. I am just trying to work up my strength again to do it. And I do like several of the 10 min solutions dvds are pretty good... Knockout body, boot camp.

Like someone else suggested it might be worth it to see what you can try for free using youtube to see what you think.

I like the DVD's but I have to admit, until you wrote this, I didn't realize the Jillian IS kinda annoying! But she gets the job done, I guess.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last week of Insanity- I LOVE it. I've been lifting for a few years and I've never been a fan of cardio, so I thought I'd try Insanity to avoid the treadmill. I've never been a huge at-home DVD workout person, but Insanity is definitely something that will stay in my rotation from now on. I'm going to be starting a new lifting routine next week, but I'm going to keep doing Insanity on my cardio days.

People are usually intimidated by it, but if you're already in decent shape, you'll be fine. Just go at your own pace- it's amazing how you progress. There's a Fit Test every 2 weeks so you can definitely track how much you've progressed. I could hardly do a regular push-up before I started it and now I can bust out 20-25 like it's nothing. It really is a great DVD set.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i would agree that anything P90X, Insanity, or Asylum could give you better results then some trainers

i would also suggest you continue some kind of resistance training at the gym while doing these programs with the possible exception of p90x