Confused over Shakeology and other meal replacement drinks..

Options
2»

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm confused over why you're considering it. You've been given a free tool.. MFP, use it. :flowerforyou:
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Shakeology (implying the study of shakes) is nothing more than an MLM business preying on the lack of knowledge of those who are introduced to Beach Body. The workout programs are fine, but then this "magical" shake can vastly make the difference. There has been some good investigation by ACG on this and he has shown better (and much less expensive) ways to use your money for protein and meal supplement replacement.
    To pay $3-$4 for a shake compared to $1 or less for other meal replacement shakes is how the "upline" in an MLM make their money. They make their money on overcharging the users (coaches) to support their income. Why pay others (who aren't even involved with assisting or helping you) hard earned money?
    That $120 a month can go to real food for a week or even paying half the cost for a very comparable product.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/395149-shakeology?error_user_id=9285851&error_username=ninerbuff&hl=shakeology+over+priced&page=6

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

some day you'll finally call it Beachbody instead of Beach Body, and I'll be thrilled.

OP - If you can afford Shakeology it's great, if you can't, just make your own shakes out of protein powder, fruits, veggies, etc. Way cheaper, serves the same purpose minus all the superfoods, which is either a big deal or it isn't, depending on your view of said ingredients.

All depends on whether or not YOU decide that YOU need the stuff in Shakeology. Do your research.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That is ideal, but super expensive and time consuming if you were to actually get the correct balance of nutrients.

Learn to press the quote button instead of the reply button so people know who you're talking to.

Thread necros for selling stuff... on the list of annoying things in life.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    zombie thread is zombie thread.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Soooo, OP did you try it? Or did you figure out it's not necessary 2 years ago?
  • Cskinner2
    Cskinner2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tried Shakelogy for about a month. I honestly did not get any of the benefits they advertised and it is really expensive. I ended up sending the empty pack back for a full refund. There are a lot of meal replacement products out there a lot cheaper. Shakelogy just did nothing for me. each to their own. Be prepared to pay about $115.00 a month for it.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    UGHHH WHO BUMPS THESE THINGS!?
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i use idealshape the chocolate flavor. they are very good and very filling and half the price or more of shakeology, and they don't make you order for 3 months straight. you order once, if you like it you order again when your shake mix is gone or almost gone. it really curbs my cravings for chocolate and I just like it. i usually use it for lunch when Im most busy and I don't use it every day either, so mine lasts about 2 months or so.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    Don't listen to the haters...

Shakeology is fine, IF you are ok with the cost and "supporting MLM" or whatever some people are ranting against. I have friends who have taken it and love it, and friends who have thought it was disgusting. It is packed with nutrients/vitamins not found in many other OTC shakes, but you can also make your own version with protein and fruits/veggies for cheaper, albeit not as many "superfood" ingredients.

Trying it won't hurt anything. Personally, I opt for a multivitamin, fish oil, and protein smoothies.