Newbee need advice

Options
Hello all, I finally joined this forum after watching this for months. I need some advice . I lost 60 pounds , came down from 300 to 240 since 2013 Feb. i was mostly maintaining proper diet and walking (started at 0.2 miles/day- went on doing 3-4miles/day).

But since last december i didnt see nay weight loss , i might have reached my plateau walking. i tried walking 5-6 miles a day for a couple of weeks which also didnt change anything. I hired a personal trainer 2 weeks ago 40 min session 5days per week , and also going to a kick boxing class every evening since last 2 weeks, also eating 6 times a day between 250-300 cals/meal. Still no change in my weight.

Please help me with some suggestions. i dont know if i am doing something wrong or if i need to wait for a while to see results.

Replies

• BenAdlam
    BenAdlam Posts: 1
    Options
    There may be an underlying problem such as an under active thyroid, talk to your doctor maybe?
  • skp1711
    skp1711 Posts: 6
    Options
    There may be an underlying problem such as an under active thyroid, talk to your doctor maybe?
    I got my thyroid tests done in Aug 2013 and doc said everything looks fine. you think it might have changed?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Have you been tracking your food? You just joined this month so obviously it wasn't here.

This also seems familiar...
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Even though the scale isn't moving, do you feel like you're constantly improving and gaining more energy? I'm focusing on little tricks like drinking herbal tea before meals to make me feel full. Also, tracking your food IS super important b/c you might be eating more cals than you think you are. Don't get discouraged, the process takes time and you are doing great!
  • ChristineGiannino
    ChristineGiannino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you started to take your measurements? Do your clothes seem to feel looser? I would suggest doing that. It is a true indicator of whether or not your losing inches. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you need to remember that and not get discouraged....and the scale goes up and down depending on whether or not your are retaining water weight.

There are two things I would recommend
    1) a Fitbit Flex activity tracker. •Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes.•LED lights show progress against your goal. •Monitors your sleep and wakes you with a silent alarm. •Wear all day and night, even in the shower.
    •Includes tracker, small and large wristbands (sizing guide), charging cable and wireless sync dongle. Fitbit Flex can also be linked to myfitnesspal. I am using one now. It's pretty cool.

2) Aria wifi scale by Fitbit. It links to a Fitbit.•Scale measures weight, BMI and % body fat.•Uses Wi-Fi to upload stats automatically to Fitbit.com.•Set weight goals and chart your progress with free online graphs and tools.•Scale recognizes up to 8 users.

Great job by adding a personal trainer to tone your muscles with weights. :)
  • skp1711
    Options
    Have you started to take your measurements? Do your clothes seem to feel looser? I would suggest doing that. It is a true indicator of whether or not your losing inches. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you need to remember that and not get discouraged....and the scale goes up and down depending on whether or not your are retaining water weight.

There are two things I would recommend
    1) a Fitbit Flex activity tracker. •Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes.•LED lights show progress against your goal. •Monitors your sleep and wakes you with a silent alarm. •Wear all day and night, even in the shower.
    •Includes tracker, small and large wristbands (sizing guide), charging cable and wireless sync dongle. Fitbit Flex can also be linked to myfitnesspal. I am using one now. It's pretty cool.

2) Aria wifi scale by Fitbit. It links to a Fitbit.•Scale measures weight, BMI and % body fat.•Uses Wi-Fi to upload stats automatically to Fitbit.com.•Set weight goals and chart your progress with free online graphs and tools.•Scale recognizes up to 8 users.

Great job by adding a personal trainer to tone your muscles with weights. :)
    Thanks for the advice all of you , seems the tracker is a nice thing to have, it might give me details on what actually is happening with my body calorie wise...
  • skp1711
    Options
    Even though the scale isn't moving, do you feel like you're constantly improving and gaining more energy? I'm focusing on little tricks like drinking herbal tea before meals to make me feel full. Also, tracking your food IS super important b/c you might be eating more cals than you think you are. Don't get discouraged, the process takes time and you are doing great!
    Yes i definitely felt my energy levels increased , infact they increased a lot. I know as long i see those positive signs i dont need to worry about weight , but still weight loss might have motivated me more than anything else :)