Options
2»

Replies

• gemckinney2002
    Options
    bfl
  • wishlistone
    Options
    I'm having a fair bit of luck with my George Foreman grill and portioned chicken. It's really easy to throw the thing in, let it cook while I nuke some frozen veggies and then I squeeze lemon juice on as needed for flavor. I buy the big packages of chicken breasts from Costco and pre-measure 4 oz. portions, freezing whatever I'm not using in the next few days. The calories break down under 200, the fat about 4 grams, no carbs and appx. 35 grams of protein. Good luck to you! :)
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I found this the other day as I have the same problem, was quite useful:
    http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I dont understand what is so hard to think of high protein foods?
    Top sirloin trimmed
    chicken breast
    lean fish
    96/4 ground beef
    tofu
    protein shakes
  • esthergrub
    esthergrub Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Top sirloin trimmed
    chicken breast
    lean fish
    96/4 ground beef
    tofu
    protein shakes

Well for me, I don't like the idea of processed chemicals and powders, and I don't eat meat. Oh and dairy and soy aren't really good for me either. Which just leaves fish from your list. ;)

Good topic, especially since I'm new to MFP and nutrient counting (vs calorie counting). Thanks, will try to have egg whites instead of whole eggs. Lentils and black beans are a great idea too. I eat wild-caught salmon almost everyday but my protein is still always too low.
  • dej923
    dej923 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is helpful. I am struggling a bit for protein dense, low calorie/fat ideas. Chicken is great, so is tuna, but variety is nice to have!

You can mix protein powders into foods to add to the protein content as well. Be careful it's not too hot as it can denature some of the proteins. Anything with a sauce/liquid base will do. I've made protein sweet potato pancakes using egg whites, greek yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon & vanilla protein & they came out really tasty!
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with pb 2 and a banana.
    Cottage cheese.
    Hard boiled egg.
    chicken breast
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Corned beef has no carbs, no sodium and no sugar. Has protein and not too much fat/calories

Corned beef is over 800 mg sodium per 3 0z.
  • wvbyrne
    wvbyrne Posts: 1
    Options

More likely an issue of hitting the carb/fat limits prior to reaching the desired protein intake.

Remember to keep an eye on the cholesterol. I dropped the sugar column to show cholesterol values. Also, watch the sodium which can climb quickly with some of the protein favorites.