What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I like Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Biscuts and Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage, Egg and Cheese Cressants , when I have them I feel like I have had something from a Fast Food Restaurant (which is my weakness) . Fast Food Restaurants breakfast are way to high in calories and the Jimmy Deans stuff is half the calories and taste just as good.

I absoluetly love those...I just hate that I can't find them everywhere I go! :huh: That is annoying, but I know wut u mean about the fast food thing. They are yummy!!!
  • pegesam
    pegesam Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This one takes a bit more work, but its what I do on Sundays as I'm preparing dinner.
    Breakfast of a champion!

poached egg whites (i used a non stick 4 egg poacher, immersed in a skillet of water to make it easy). I use cartoned whipping whites to make it even easier.
    Salt pepper to taste
    canadian bacon (you can cook turkey bacon or use a vegan soy based substitute)
    low fat cheese (pick your preference)
    Orowheat whole grain sandwich thins

Season and poach whites. Remove from poacher, store in zip top bags.
    To make a sandwich, use 1 egg white, cheese of choice and canadian bacon. I wrap in a paper towel, put in a zip top or container and pack along with my lunch. (i eat breakfast at work when I've more time while I'm checking emails, printing reports, etc.)
    I've sauteed mushrooms, peppers, onions and etc to make an omelet sandwich....
    Good luck!!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - 1/2 cup that I make with almost double the recommended water - I cook it a long time so it doubles in volume so I have a nice BIG bowl. I add 1 tbsp of naturally more peanut butter and either a half of banana or half of an apple. SOOOOOOOO good

oooo that sounds really good cuz i'm not a big oatmeal fan but I'm down for trying something new...Thanx for sharing that!
  • cat_chick
    Options
    God I LOVE Breakfast

I have two slices of toast with an egg, veggie bacon, low fat cheese slice and a bit on tomato sauce YUMMY!!!

I do cut down on lunch and only have fruit and yoghurt to compensate for my eggy breakfast
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I force myself with breakfast. Half a banana with some walnuts.
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I'll either have 2 eggs (scrambled or hard boiled) and a piece of fruit
    OR
    1/2 cup cottage cheese with a handful of berries and a little granola sprinkled on top.

I've found if my breakfast is of high protein content it takes a longer time for me to feel hungry again.
    If I have something like a muffin- I'm starving again in about an hour.
  • Lindsay7360
    Options
    My favorite is an egg sandwich!

Just fry up an egg quick, or whites.. then I put it between two slices of bread or bagle things, add a slice of cheese... voila! Yum!

Quick and easy! :)
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I eat 3 eggs (2 whites 1 whole, scrambled) and Quaker Old Fashion oatmeal every morning. Very filling and gets me going.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    I like Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Biscuts and Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage, Egg and Cheese Cressants , when I have them I feel like I have had something from a Fast Food Restaurant (which is my weakness) . Fast Food Restaurants breakfast are way to high in calories and the Jimmy Deans stuff is half the calories and taste just as good.

I'd check the sosium in these.Processed foods have very high sodium!!
  • EmyleeNoel
    EmyleeNoel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can scramble an egg white and place it on top of a whole wheat english muffin with a little fat free cheese.... I usually forego the cheese all together though.

Another one I like is A fruit smoothie. I buy the GNC Lean Shake Vanilla or Strawberry powder. It is only 180 calories when mixed with water and ice. I like to add 1/2 cup of frozen fruit to the protein powder and add 1 cup of water to it. My breakfast is under 300 calories then and I'm not hungry until Lunch.

You can also try oatmeal with 1 TBS sugar free or Light Maple Syrup, a sprinkling of nutmeg and cinnamon.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

I'd check the sosium in these.Processed foods have very high sodium!!

Um... I want to say 730mg each or something in that ballpark... I quit them a long time ago.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My favorite is an egg sandwich!

Just fry up an egg quick, or whites.. then I put it between two slices of bread or bagle things, add a slice of cheese... voila! Yum!

Quick and easy! :)

This is me too ... add 2 pieces of bacon .... yummy!

A hard boiled egg and a cup of tea as well.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning so the first thing in my belly at 5 am is 1 scoop of Optimum Gold Whey Protein and 5 g of creatine. Following my workout I have the same thing.

Very soon after I get to work at 7 am, I have my Quaker Old Fashioned Oats (Oatmeal). A couple of hours later, I have 3-4 hard boiled egg whites. The eggs are more of a snack, but since they are eggs, I feel they are breakfast food.
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ThinkThin Protien bars! I LOVEEEE the Crunch ones.... its mixed nuts with chocolate, about 190 calories and soooo good! Most of these bars have NO SUGAR..... high protien and fiber :)
  • Shannon7713
    Options
    ThinkThin Protien bars! I LOVEEEE the Crunch ones.... its mixed nuts with chocolate, about 190 calories and soooo good! Most of these bars have NO SUGAR..... high protien and fiber :)
  • Shannon7713
    Options
    Also, I have 3 egg whites, fat free cheese and instead of regular bacon, I use Hormel, or oscar myer Real Bacon Pieces... (salad dressing area) 25 calories, 1.5g of fat, just rnough for that bacon flavor... so good :)
  • laurzishot
    Options
    I have what's called a Green Monster, it's a smoothie type drink and it's so yummy and so filling, I use light soy milk in mine and it tastes soo good. Here's the website http://greenmonstermovement.com/?page_id=39

Enjoy :)