breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Ellyssandraa
    Options
    I eat fruit for breakfast. Fresh, natural, refreshing and hydrating.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I pre-made egg frittatas last night for this week. In a jumbo muffin pan I added 2 scrambled eggs each, chopped spinach, green onion and feta cheese and baked for 30min. I wrapped them in foil and just take one and heat up for 45 seconds when I get to work. They are yummy and you can add whatever you want. I think I will make some next with bacon and mushrooms and cheddar.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal for breakfast nearly every day. Sometimes plain, sometimes with fruit, nuts, yogurt... mixed in. the options for things to add to it are endless and it easy to bring to work
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would have Greek Yoghurt for my breakfast with some blueberries. Also some grapes and usually a cup of coffee. At the weekend I would chop and change this - for example, an omelette with lots of veg or making a pancake from scratch. Or even scrambled eggs. I like having a protein filled breakfast. Helps set me up for the day and I feel full.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Cheeses and sausage with a baguette. Very European.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have yogurt and fruit with bran flakes, with some walnuts and chia seeds thrown in.
  • bren998
    bren998 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you like cheese omelettes, this is great low calorie breakfast. Buy the Egg whites in the carton, Use a quarter of the carton once it has cooked fully on one side add 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and a processed cheese slice over top of cottage cheese and fold omelette. The processed cheese melts into the cottage cheese to give it more consistency and you get a nice puffy/tasty omelette for under 200 calories. Great protein and minimal fat because you use Pam to cook it.

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing!
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    oh jeez...go to Mcdonalds and get a bacon egg mcmuffin, a hashbrown, and 2 breakfast burritos..Lots of protein and fuel to kickstart the day YA

LOL Well McDonalds was what got me 20 lb overweight so I try to stay away now! :)
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts always includes coffee & almost always includes a banana. A few things I go between: A banana & PB2 [especially the chocolate kind], cereal with 2% milk [I like crunchy raisin bran best, but lately I've had chocolate cheerios], instant oatmeal with a little honey mixed in, a Nature Valley sweet & salty granola bar, 40-calorie toast with margarine, scrambled eggs [1 whole egg & 1 serving of egg whites] with turkey and cheese, & sometimes in a real pinch, a Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast bowl - lately I've been really into the Harvest Blend ones, which I think have been discontinued [I've been buying them at a grocery outlet].

Breakfast is my favorite because it's the easiest meal for me to shop for & to throw together on any given day.

ETA: Didn't realize you said you wanted to cut out carbs & such for breakfast [clearly I can't read]. That destroys pretty much all of my ideas. Why make your life difficult for no reason? EAT THE CARBS. Really, they're not going to kill you.

Well I've been feeling bloated lately from lots of carbs. I'm not going to cut them all out. I just want to eat less. I LOVE carbs. A LOT. I'm trying to eat them like 1 meal a day and 1 snack instead of every meal and snack. I gotta have my cereal!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I pre-made egg frittatas last night for this week. In a jumbo muffin pan I added 2 scrambled eggs each, chopped spinach, green onion and feta cheese and baked for 30min. I wrapped them in foil and just take one and heat up for 45 seconds when I get to work. They are yummy and you can add whatever you want. I think I will make some next with bacon and mushrooms and cheddar.

this sounds amazing! Thanks!
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup rolled oats. 1 cup water. Cook on stovetop and when water is absorbed add 1 whole egg and 1/2 cup egg whites. add cinnamon and vanilla extract before serving and I top with sliced banana and chai seeds :)
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with flax seeds, chia seeds and cinnamon.
  • quzly
    quzly Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I post photos of my weekly food on instagram @quzly. You can also access my diary for ideas. Here are some of my favorites:

Skinny Crustless Quiche - https://www.skinnymom.com/2014/01/15/skinny-quiche/
    Oatmeal Cups - (play.eat.learn) http://playeatlearn.blogspot.com/2013/09/clean-eating-oatmeal-bites.html?m=1
    Oatmeal with protein powder (*just a sprinkle for flavor) egg whites and fruit and example can be found at http://www.theslenderstudent.com/apple-pie-egg-white-oatmeal/
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    If you like cheese omelettes, this is great low calorie breakfast. Buy the Egg whites in the carton, Use a quarter of the carton once it has cooked fully on one side add 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and a processed cheese slice over top of cottage cheese and fold omelette. The processed cheese melts into the cottage cheese to give it more consistency and you get a nice puffy/tasty omelette for under 200 calories. Great protein and minimal fat because you use Pam to cook it.

My tummy and taste buds thank you. I made mine with bacon and a whole egg as well, though :)