Lemon Juice + Water

Options
2»

Replies

• lemonbliss
    Options
    I am pretty sure lemon seeds plus dark unsweetened chocolate is boosting my metabolic rate to insane levels. The fact that food is rushing through me so quickly is evidence of that. I really am melting the weight off.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure lemon seeds plus dark unsweetened chocolate is boosting my metabolic rate to insane levels. The fact that food is rushing through me so quickly is evidence of that. I really am melting the weight off.

I'd kinda like to see your diary. :wink:
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options

"Joined in April 2014" and only have these two posts, eh? Hmmm.... I smell a troll. ;)
  • GaryRZ2020
    GaryRZ2020 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I actually did drink it for a whole 2 months. I started to like it. I used real lemon juice though the concentrated lemon juice tasted bad to me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have been grinding up lemon seeds and rind (discarding pulp and juice) and spreading it on unsweetened chocolate. I have had absolutely astonishing results, although it does give me a touch of the runs.

88418-Ice-T-magic-gif-Jimmy-Fallon-t-zpYx_zpse5423be8.gif
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What I have heard about lemon and water - this is stuff from natural medicine and eastern medicine philosophies.

1) it balances the ph levels in your digestive tract and neutralises acidity - the western diet is very acidic while our bodies are alkaline (not sure why this matters as I haven't read/heard about it much)

2) it assists with methylation which is a chemical process at the cellular level. Again I haven't read much about this but is quite an interesting theory.

My MIL is a kinesiologist and often tell me some quite interesting stuff.
    How exactly does a highly acidic food (lemons) neutralize acidity? The pH of your stomach acid is more acidic than any food we eat.
    There's really no food that makes our body more acidic.

It is nearly impossible to "throw off your body's pH." If you somehow managed to do it, it would be a serious medical emergency which would lead to death very quickly.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options

"Joined in April 2014" and only have these two posts, eh? Hmmm.... I smell a troll. ;)

And has lost 0 pounds out of 294... that weight is really melting, huh?
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can tell you this, I drink warm lemon water almost every morning and I have for about the last year. Its helped with my acid reflux, I rarely get heartburn anymore and if I do, its nothing to take a prilosec over. My skin looks really healthy and clear, no more acne ( I have no idea if that's the cause tho). Whether it works or does nothing, I will never know, but I just keep drinking it. 1 cup of that followed by 4 cups of green tea! It does not curb my appetite in any kind of way.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the breaking down sugar part, but it definitely will break down my teeth if I drink a lot...I have super sensitive and weak teeth...
  • lemonbliss
    Options

And has lost 0 pounds out of 294... that weight is really melting, huh?

I don't know how to use the diary stuff. I've lost almost 40 lb this month, but am not sure how to work the diary thing yet.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    HI.
    I am just wondering if it is true that if you add concentrated lemon juice to your water that it will cut back sugars that you consume throughout the day.
    I don't know where I heard this, but I really am curious.

Thank you!
    :3
    Simple answer no.. What happens is you get water that tastes lemonny