Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Foam Rolling

MinMin97
MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
If you do this, tell me about it, and how do you like it?

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    It's good stuff.

There's lots of stuff on youtube about it and how to effectively use your roller. I've been working on working on my thoracic spine mobility.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    I like it a lot, but I actually bought some balls for rolling. (The smaller size and ball shape get into the good spots better.) I have some from Yamuna, and I just bought "The Orb" at REI which is firmer and awesome!!
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    I include it in my pre and post.workout stretching for.my back and legs... it does wonders on freeing my back up and improving flexibility.
  • MinMin97
    Thanks!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Arcane torture device of unspeakable agony. Do it anyways.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Sometimes I think it is a torture device but I know just a few minutes will make it all better.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    I started doing it because of a running injury...It hurts a lot at first, but then after you get used to it, it feels really good. Now I try to do it after every workout, and so far I haven't hurt anything else.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    i really wanna try it, but can't seem to figure it out and didnt want to start just by watching a youtube vid then risk going to the gym and have people be like uhhhh thats not how that goes, lady.....
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    i really wanna try it, but can't seem to figure it out and didnt want to start just by watching a youtube vid then risk going to the gym and have people be like uhhhh thats not how that goes, lady.....

Go for it. It isn't that technical - just put your weight on it and roll.... I use it on my legs and when I do my quads I feel like I'm dry humping the floor but it makes my legs feel so good I don't even care. :bigsmile:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 662 Member
    I use mine anytime I need to pop the center of my back, it feels like it's stretched out afterwards also.......
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

just do it- it's self massage- watch some youtube videos'- you'll see a lot of repeated themes.

I bought some lacross balls- cheaper than any massage ball you'll pay for- 2.99 at Dik's sporting goods- I love it- I take it everywhere with me now.

If you don't have a foam roller- get one- they are the tit's.
  • MinMin97
    Thanks, I really appreciate the input! I'm interested in the different rollers you use, I'll check them out.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I find it a must especially after deadlift or squat days to roll out my legs and my back really well.

The closest it feels to torture for me though is when my stomach muscles cramp up while using it on my hamstrings or lower back... leaving me kinda flopping on the floor like a fish
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Changed my world. ITBS - eases the pain from runners knee. Achillies tendon - eases the tightness. Ooooh it hurts so good!