Distilled Water

Options
Is distilled water good to drink or does it remove or throw off balance your electrolytes (sodium, potasium etc.)?

Replies

• carlisled
    Options
    Is distilled water good to drink or does it remove or throw off balance your electrolytes (sodium, potasium etc.)?
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Distilled water is just plain H2O. Probably, due to the bottling methods, the air pocket at the top of the bottle, and the motion from transportation there is a little bit of air dissolved in the water. However, if you filled a fish tank with distilled water the fish would die, not enough oxygen. (Not that we get oxygen from water...just underlining the point that distilled water has nothing else) Tap water is probably better for you, your wallet, and the environment. Drinking distilled bottled water from time to time won't do any harm.
  • carlisled
    Options
    I have heard the same, that tap is better for you complete with it's small amounts of sodium, potassium, magnesium, fluoride... However, I recently heard a fitness/nutrition expert recommend distilled as part of a low sodium life as not to retain water. So I was curious as to what others have heard, thanks.