Looking for 1200 calorie eaters

Options

Replies

• lavenderamethyst
    Options
    Don't get defensive. The majority of the people around here eating only 1200 calories or under have no reason to be eating that little. And the majority of the ones claiming they are eating 1200 calories and are not losing weight are eating more than they think.

How on earth would you know?
  • sleepawaycamp
    Options
    I only do 1200 because I'm too lazy to exercise. I still feel satisfied and full and I can eat whatever I want. Today it was dominos and last weekend Taco Bell. Yum
  • Lindsayryk
    Lindsayryk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to around 1000 calories a day. I realize that's low but I have been stuck at my weight for a long time. I will adjust as necessary. .
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    From OP's profile

Shortie 4ft 11
    MAINTENANCE CALS 1555
  • swrath
    swrath Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been < 1200 calories for past 3 months. But it is because I seldom have dinner for past 2 months.
  • archjsmith
    Options
    1200 cals here! But eat back my exercise cals. Open diary and feel free to add.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Noticing the single and double digit post counts on the majority of people itt. Hopefully after some time passes you guys would have done a little more research and be able to devise better game plans.

I may be a 'single digit' poster, but I lost 63 pounds in 2008 and kept them off until the past four months when a health issue was discovered. My game plan is just fine thanks ;)
  • rompydompy
    rompydompy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ive been around net 1200 per day with exercise; diary's open! :)
  • mhoffman2007
    mhoffman2007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've also been around 1200 calories for the past few weeks and I have been logging EVERYTHING. My diary is open and also feel free to add me. :)
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Been eating 1200 since early January, 22 lbs lost as of then. I've recently (4 days) been going over, but working on keeping it at 1200. My diary is public and you can add me, as well, if you'd like.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Anyone with open diaries who have or net around 1200 calories daily please add me ????

You look fabulous now. But just know that if you only eat 1200 a day you are also losing muscle mass and from the looks of your picture, mostly muscle mass because it doesn't look like you have a lot of body fat. Just be aware of that eating at such a deficit.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Noticing the single and double digit post counts on the majority of people itt. Hopefully after some time passes you guys would have done a little more research and be able to devise better game plans.

I may be a 'single digit' poster, but I lost 63 pounds in 2008 and kept them off until the past four months when a health issue was discovered. My game plan is just fine thanks ;)
    It's fine to think whatever makes you happy. Not going to argue with what you do to yourself.

Wow, I consider your response to be rather judgmental and perhaps a little rude actually. Not quite the supportive atmosphere I expected to find when I decided to join MFP.
    Not everyone is the same....what works for you doesn't necessarily work for the next guy, ya know?
  • jimwon953
    jimwon953 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi - Yep, you can have a look at my diary if you like. Aside from a huge weekend in there I come in under or around 1200 most of the time in my Net calories.

I've been eating this way for 6 months before I joined MFP and I think my calorie deficit was probably a little low and subsequently made up for by weekly family dinners and splurgy weekends. I am now trying to get those habits under control so there is not that much info on there but you are welcome to take a look.

I should point out that I don't ever feel hunger aside from around mealtimes and that after eating I am pretty satisfied. I have started to eat more because MFP kept telling me I had not had enough for the day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow 1200 calories that's not a lot of food.

You can look at my diary if you want I am at 1700 and losing great...just in case you need ideas...

If you are going to do the 1200 tho be sure you eat back your exercise calories and net 1200 min.

And remember you can eat more and still lose weight...1200 is the minimum that MFP will give you if you have set to high a weekly weight loss goal...you only have 7lbs to lose and at 1/2lb a week you would find you have lots of calories...might help you stay the course more than restricting yourself a whole lot...

Just a thought.

It sounds like you are assuming that the OP has similar calorie needs to yours, but she might be very small and losing weight slowing and consistently on her 1200 calorie plan. It sounds like she just wants more friends with open diaries for ideas and inspiration.

@nomorebingesgirl: I'm always inspired by your consistency in working out and eating a healthy variety of foods. ????????

I wasn't assuming anything I read her profile saw what her stats were and noted her maintenance and how much she wanted to lose...perhaps you assumed too much.

I also indicated my diary was open if she did need ideas as you can get ideas from diaries that don't match the calories you are intaking.

Sounds like you jumped on someone who was just offering what the OP asked for and a few other suggestions...for no reason.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I target 1200 to 1400, i started at 1200, but i needed 1200 as a minimum and goal, rather than a max, and it got me down when mfp either told me i hadn't achieved my goal, or that i was starving myself, so my target is now 1400 in mfp
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    According to your profile, as another poster pointed out, you've been maintaining your weight while eating 1800 calories a day. In order to lose weight at a slow and steady pace (which is what you want, otherwise you'll just be losing muscle and will just end up skinny fat) you can reduce your calories by 15-20%. So that's 1440-1530 calories per day.

If you want to eat 1200 that's on you, but you probably won't be happy with the end results.