I want to mess with your favorite baked goods and make them

13»

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Fun stuff! **bump**
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    While your making the chocolate cake you might want to look into a cake recipie with black beans. I made chocolate cupcakes with a blackbean cake recipe and they were really good and moist and my rediculously picky anti-diet food brothers and boyfriend ate them! So I beleive they were a sucess.
    Ive heard this works super well, and it's great with brownies too! Definitely give it a try, Cory!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    bump
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I meant to post this earlier. Someone emailed me and asked me to make their favorite no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies a little less fat/calorie dense. They turned out really yummy.

Makes about 32 cookies.

1 Cup Splenda Sugar Blend
    4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
    1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
    1/2 Cup Original Almond Milk
    1 Tablespoon Vanilla
    2 Cups Rolled Oats (I didn't use the quick cook oats and they turned out fine)

Mix cocoa powder and splenda sugar blend together.
    Boil almond milk, applesauce, splenda sugar blend/cocoa powder for 2 1/2-3 minutes.
    Take off heat.
    Add peanut butter, stir until completely melted.
    Add vanilla
    Add oatmeal
    Stir well
    Spoon onto wax paper (rounded tablespoons, then flatten somewhat).
    Allow to cool/set for at least an hour, preferably overnight.

Nutritional Info Per Serving (one cookie)
    Calories: 95
    Carbs: 14
    Fat: 3
    Protein: 2
    Fiber: 1
    Cholesterol: 0
    Sugars: 7
  • jeesa
    jeesa Posts: 34 Member
    The chocolate oatmeal cookies are some of my favorites! I need to try these new ones!
  • definite bump!!! i'd love to also see some yummy brownies!!! that'd b amazing!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    Corylda - There is someone that sounds like she may need your superhero-fix-a-recipe skills :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/143044-low-cal-dessert-recipe-help
  • CoryIda
    Corylda - There is someone that sounds like she may need your superhero-fix-a-recipe skills :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/143044-low-cal-dessert-recipe-help

Thanks! I am sorry I haven't had a chance to try a lot of these recipes - I have been SOOOO busy the last few weeks.
    I never did get the flapjack thing done, but I did make awesome crepes last weekend -
    1 cup all purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup water, 1 cup original almond milk, 1 cup egg whites, 1 teaspoon vanilla, a little bit of stevia, some cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and 2 tablespoons melted Blue Bonnet Light margarine (It is dairy-free, but you can use butter if you want - it's just a little bit of butter so it won't add too much bad stuff).
    I put strawberries in the crepes, but I think I'll do blueberries next time.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Bump!!! I would love to see some of these recipes!!
  • bring this thread back to life!!! haha
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Whole wheat cinnamon rolls

Brown sugar sweetens the filling of this breakfast treat, and powdered sugar dissolves into a milky glaze that's drizzled over the top.

Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 roll)

Ingredients
    Dough:
    1 1/2 packages dry yeast (about 3 1/4 teaspoons)
    3/4 cup warm fat-free milk (100° to 110°)
    1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    1/4 cup honey
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
    1 large egg
    1 large egg white
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided (about 11 1/4 ounces)
    1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (about 7 ounces)
    Cooking spray
    Filling:
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/3 cup raisins
    Glaze:
    3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
    3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    5 teaspoons fat-free milk
    Preparation
    To prepare dough, dissolve yeast in warm milk and 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until foamy. Add butter and next 5 ingredients (through egg white); stir well. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 cups all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour, stirring until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel sticky). Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; roll into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Coat surface of dough with cooking spray.

To prepare filling, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; sprinkle over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle raisins over dough, pressing gently into dough. Roll up rectangle tightly, starting with a long edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam to seal. Cut the dough into 16 rolls. Place the rolls, cut sides up, in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 45 minutes or until doubled in size.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Uncover rolls. Bake at 375° for 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

To prepare glaze, place powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Add 5 teaspoons milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, stirring to form a thick glaze. Drizzle glaze evenly over rolls.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    209 (16% from fat)
    Fat:
    3.7g (sat 2g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.3g)
    Protein:
    5.1g
    Carbohydrate:
    40.4g
    Fiber:
    2.6g
    Cholesterol:
    21mg
    Iron:
    2mg
    Sodium:
    111mg
    Calcium:
    39mg
  • patti1007
    patti1007 Posts: 20 Member
    save
  • The only choc. cake thing i can come up with is a Wacky Cake,,,, no eggs...
  • DHalaby73
    Sweet Potato and Pecan Flapjacks

Cornmeal adds crunch, and mashed sweet potatoes lend creaminess to this weekend favorite. Yellow- or white-fleshed sweet potatoes have a dry and crumbly texture when baked and are not moist enough to make tender pancakes, so use the orange variety. For convenience, roast a sweet potato the night before. Serve with maple syrup, butter, and fresh fruit, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 pancakes)

Ingredients
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
    1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
    3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 cup fat-free milk
    1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large egg yolks
    2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
    Cooking spray
    Preparation
    Lightly spoon all-purpose flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.

Combine milk, sweet potato, sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg yolks, stirring until smooth; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form; fold egg whites into batter. Let batter stand 10 minutes.

Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat griddle or pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle or pan. Cook 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over, and cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    276 (26% from fat)
    Fat:
    7.9g (sat 1.1g,mono 4.1g,poly 2.1g)
    Protein:
    7.7g
    Carbohydrate:
    43.7g
    Fiber:
    2.8g
    Cholesterol:
    71mg
    Iron:
    2.7mg
    Sodium:
    419mg
    Calcium:
    166mg
  • CoryIda
    Now that the holidays are almost over I will have time to mess with some recipes soon. I did make coffee cake this weekend that was fairly healthy but I want to mess with it some more before I share it because, although I got it to taste yummy, it was still pretty heavy instead of light and fluffy.
  • DHalaby73
    Chocolate Chip cookies

Look for grain-sweetened chocolate chips in health-food stores.

Yield: 44 servings (serving size: 1 cookie)

Ingredients
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    3 large egg whites
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips (such as Sunspire)
    Cooking spray

Preparation
    Combine oil and syrup in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add sugars; stir with a whisk until well blended. Stir in vanilla and egg whites.

Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in chips; cover and chill 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pan 2 minutes or until firm. Remove from pan; cool on wire racks.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    74 (22% from fat)
    Fat:
    1.8g (sat 0.5g,mono 0.6g,poly 0.3g)
    Protein:
    1.3g
    Carbohydrate:
    13.7g
    Fiber:
    0.7g
    Cholesterol:
    0.0mg
    Iron:
    0.4mg
    Sodium:
    62mg
    Calcium:
    5mg
  • DHalaby73
    Cooking Light's Ultimate Chocolate Layer Cake

Yield: 18 servings(1 slice)

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    2 cups sugar
    10 tablespoon light butter, softened
    3/4 cup egg substitute
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
    3/4 cup boiling water
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Chocolate Frosting
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Coat bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray (do not coat sides of pan); line bottoms of pans with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray; set aside.

Beat sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Gradually add egg substitute; beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. With mixer running at low speed, add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently stir in boiling water and vanilla.

Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in center. Loosen layers from sides of pans using a narrow metal spatula; turn out onto wire racks. Peel off wax paper; let cool.

Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup Chocolate Frosting. Top with other cake layer; spread remaining frosting over cake.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    315 (22% from fat)
    Fat:
    7.8g (sat 4.9g,mono 1.3g,poly 0.2g)
    Protein:
    4.8g
    Carbohydrate:
    58.4g
    Fiber:
    0.4g
    Cholesterol:
    19mg
    Iron:
    1.7mg
    Sodium:
    129mg
    Calcium:
    46mg

Chocolate frosting

Yield: 1 3/4 cups
    Ingredients
    4 ounces tub light cream cheese, softened
    3 tablespoons skim milk
    3 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
    3 cups sifted powdered sugar
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Preparation
    Beat cheese and milk at high speed of a mixer until creamy. Add melted chocolate, and beat until well-blended.

Combine sugar and cocoa; gradually add sugar mixture to cheese mixture, beating at low speed until well-blended. Add vanilla; beat well for 1 minute until very creamy.
This discussion has been closed.