What/Who Is Your Motivation?

Options
I put this on my wall today on here, I'm floored at the response both on here and on Facebook. That being said I thought it might be best to share with the entire MFP community

Today, I had an incredible start. that actually had me leaving the gym in tears. I haven't shared much about this journey on my Facebook, yesterday after realizing i was 1/5 of my way to the end I posted on there about my progress so far. Today as I was getting ready for work, my phone goes off with a Facebook update. One of my girlfriends at work re-posted what I had written yesterday and wrote.. "For anyone who needs some motivation this Monday morning... I'm so proud of my friend (insert tagged name here)...you're amazing and I'm SO proud of you!! Keep it up gorgeous!" Up until that moment I didn't think that me, a fat girl, struggling with herself could be a source of motivation for anyone, let alone someone incredibly fit, who runs and is one of the healthiest eaters I know. It was a big moment for me. And I hope that through sharing this is to inspire each and every one of my MFP friends to be the best they can be each day, and to remember to push forward even when things start to get harder.

What do you think? Can someone working as hard as we all are truly be a motivating factor for someone who looks the way that we want to?

Who or what is your motivation at the end of the day?

Any other thought on the subject?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Sweet!

Stop calling yourself names. You are more than a number on a scale or a dress size.

My friends, family, and good health are my motivation.
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have lots of things that motivate me. This is my second round of trying to get into a healthy lifestyle. I have to be ready, or I will fail. This time around, I out grew all of my clothing....I was depressed...I felt miserable...It was time to make a change! I have battled depression most of my adult life, I struggle with it, but when I am working out, whether it is walking a mile a day or all out busting butt, I feel better! I do it for me, I need to feel better about myself so I can be a better mom/wife. When I am happy, it makes our home a better place. My kids enjoy working out with me (8 & 5) and I hope this time we can maintain this healthy lifestyle change. My husband is now trying to get healthier as well and it makes it much easier to stay on track. I truly believe that you have to "want it" in order to succeed! Good luck on your journey!
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    I am inspired most by people who keep going against all odds. Who know they have an almost impossible goal, and the world is setting them up to fail, but they keep going anyway.

My mother is one such person. She managed to lose a lot of weight and get herself in better shape even though she was a busy mom of 2 with the worlds most unhelpful husband. My mom does not look like the women in inspirational photos - she's still overweight, she still has health problems. But she managed ALL ON HER OWN to get her diabetes and blood pressure under control, she is a million times as fit as when she started, even though everyone was telling her she'd never do it. That's motivational to me.