spartan race citi field

Options
2»

Replies

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Saw Citi Field in the header. Stopped by for the obligatory "Go Mets!!!".
  • dap98003
    dap98003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Let's go Mets! I definitely agree.
    by the way, for Mets fans out there, I should mention that we were able to run through the visiting team locker rooms and the hallway that you see all the Mets running down at the end of each game (when they give high fives to their coaches). It was really quite cool -- I couldn't believe they allowed us to enter that much of the stadium. And we also ran on the field.

We definitely did a ton of stairs. And I've done the ski resort Spartan races before. It's hard to say which is more elevation. The mountain seemed a bit more to me, but I'm in better shape now, so maybe that's why.
  • dap98003
    dap98003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey summetime, just to let you know, i have raced both saturdays and sundays in the past.
    the sundays tend to be much less crowded, and if you're going for time, i think you're better off racing on sunday. it's probably almost like racing in the elite round without paying extra for it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've done both Sunday and elite in the past. (I'm not elite, just wanted that time). And I usually race both days if it's a two day event. I typically have the better time on Saturday though, fresher legs. Although this past weekend, my second lap on Saturday I beat my time by 13 minutes, even though my knee was in agony. I finally hit the damn spear toss, which made a difference.