Looking for 1200 calorie eaters

Options

Replies

• jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I sometimes hit 1200 cal or up to 1400 and 1700 depending on my workout/burn. Try calorie cycling vs consistently hitting 1200. My diary is open for healthy references - I am vegetarian and eat mostly clean. If you find that 1200 can cause you to fatigue easy, crave more, binge as a result/ cal cycling is a good way to curb those effects of calorie restriction. cheers!
  • KristenMarieRuffles
    KristenMarieRuffles Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ill add you :) my diary is open and im at 1200 calories (but i do eat back my exercise calories)
  • Melistia
    Melistia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1200 calories here! Feel free to add me...I'm new and only have one friend. Would love to see what others are eating :-)
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I suggest the OP disregards all this calorie advice from everyone, get herself a measurement of her body fat % and calculate her TDEE based on Katch-McArdle formula and get yourself a copy of Tom Venuto's Burn the fat feed the muscle or try to find it in the library. After you have your TDEE cut 20% and obtain the rest of your calorie deficit from exercise. If you lose weight great, if yo don't retweak until you find your sweet spot ok?

Figuring out your TDEE from a calculator is fine for a starting point. But you really have to put it to the test. According to most online calculators my TDEE is 2000. After logging for a while I figured out my TDEE is actually 2200.

Also the Katch-McArdle formula calculates your BMR. Definitely not the same thing as TDEE. I'm assuming you know the difference.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If your maintenance calories are 1800, then you do not need to reduce your total intake to 1200 just to lose a few lbs. That's more than double the suggested deficit for the amount of body fat you currently have to lose.
    This^^^ Unfortunately that advice will fall on deaf ears.

Noticing the single and double digit post counts on the majority of people itt. Hopefully after some time passes you guys would have done a little more research and be able to devise better game plans.

WOW! A 33 yr old male body builder, ragging on middle aged women for eating 1200 a day and not doing their research to have a 'better game plan'. So how many calories DID this 33 yr old male body builder average over the past 14 days you ask?

Try 1204 calories. Total calories. Not net. :huh: :noway:

FAIL! :laugh:

(I would suggest refraining from commenting on these threads in the future, when you have an open diary that doesn't back up what you claim)
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at 1200 calories a day and here daily. Please feel free to add me!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I generally go just a little over 1200 (1205-1250) everyday but like a PP said, I'm working with a doctor about it. It'll be brought up a bit once I'm no longer in the obese range (only a few more lbs to go!) but my diary is open to friends if anyone wants to add me.
  • Rebetska
    Rebetska Posts: 1
    Options
    I get 1280 calories per day. Feel free to add me.

32201486.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • damcoole
    damcoole Posts: 12
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. I usually end up being a little under it most of the time.
  • GunterRose
    GunterRose Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I net 1200, but usually eat back my exercise cals.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day here. I got my diet plan from my nutritional doctor. I just saw him a month ago and we reviewed everything. All is still good. Even with my increased exercise and strength training, my food plan can remain unchanged. If I want to add 100 calories on my weights days, I can. So as long as the doctor says it's all good, I feel fine to continue as I am. I log everything, and am confident I'm pretty accurate. So far, so good. I am doing high protein/high fat, low carb.
  • Tallulah827
    Options
    1200 NET calories is my daily goal but I am exercising so am consuming more than 1200 but realizing 1200 or just under as my net goal for a targeted loss of 1 - 2lbs per week. So far, so good. I just keep telling myself that slow and steady wins the race.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Don't get defensive. The majority of the people around here eating only 1200 calories or under have no reason to be eating that little. And the majority of the ones claiming they are eating 1200 calories and are not losing weight are eating more than they think.

How on earth would you know?

run a search of "is 12000 enough" or "help! eating 1200 and not losing" etc etc….
  • lilystan
    lilystan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same here - I aim for 1000 and if I go to 1200 that's ok but I also don't take into account the exercise calories. I am losing around a pound a week and should be at my goal in 5 weeks. But I am 65 and do not require as much as you younger people do to keep healthy.
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm new here! I'm 5'4, work at a desk job, and try to net around 1200 calories per day. I do eat back my exercise calories.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am at 1300 but tend to eat less. I am vegetarian and lightly active. Losing weight and feeling better than ever. Feel free to add me.
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, too. I am 5'3" , desk job and my maintenance is 1550. I am NETTING 1200, so I do eat back exercise calories..which means I actually eat anywhere from 1400-1600 a day. I think people need to start adding "NET" or "GROSS" to their daily calories.. I think it would cause less fights :)
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm a 1200 calorie eater with an open diary.
  • thinbi
    thinbi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories/day, too :)