What do you eat at the movies?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Nothing; the food is overpriced and I don't want to waste my calories on movie food.

+1

If I was in some random situation though where I'd actually need a snack mid-movie, I would probably smuggle in some chocolate, nuts, or a protein bar, and a bottle of water in my purse. Embarrassing but I am THAT lady who carries an empty bottle in her purse on road trips and fills it up in random restrooms along the way LOL

Rather than spend the money (and calories) on concession stand junk I would rather go out for Thai beforehand or grab ice cream following the movie like someone else mentioned :-)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    at least two buckets of the "refill" size popcorn (super large) and a large soda.

+1

It's just financially sound
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Going to movies with friends and don't want to eat my whole day of calories when I'm there. Suggestions please what are my best choices to eat at the movies....?

I don't eat or drink anything at the movies.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I bring baby carrots, grapes, and or fruit snacks
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I usually get "buttered" popcorn, sour patches and an icee

This. Movies are one of those sacred places that have traditions that go beyond eating healthy.

And if you get the large popcorn you get a refill.

Score.
  • Travelbug1955
    Travelbug1955 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I always take an Atkins endulgence bar with me to the movies. I buy a bottle of water and enjoy the movie.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Nothing - If I drink something I am going to have to pee half way through and I don't like to miss a second of the movie and I just don't see the necessity of eating during the movie. I would rather go to dinner before or after.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i usually take some nonpareils from CVS and a cherry coke zero or something. if im looking for some salty snacks, i'll go with popcorn from the theater, but butter must be applied in the middle AND on top...and liberally salted.

edit: i should have prefaced with i dont go to the movies. my entertainment set up is just fine, and i can pause it when i have to poop and/or get more wings.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    People still go to the movies?
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    BRAAAAAAINZZZZZ

th?id=HN.608046019218637846&pid=15.1
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    I did bring an apple in once. Bad choice. The acoustical properties of the auditorium made it really loud.

And I brought a Mello Yello Zero 20oz which was promptly spotted by a theater clerk. He said there were no outside drinks and I could pick it up at will-call, so knowing it would get warm and go flat, I chugged the rest and handed him the empty bottle and said thanks.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

People with kids, yes. I'd never see a movie for myself when there's a perfectly good PirateBay on the internets
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like to eat sloppy chicken wings and suck on the bones really really loudly.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

People with kids, yes. I'd never see a movie for myself when there's a perfectly good PirateBay on the internets

:heart: piratebay.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I usually sneak in a small amount of pretzels and dark chocolate, and get a water
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I like to eat sloppy chicken wings and suck on the bones really really loudly.

wanna hit a matinee, bone sucker? :flowerforyou:
  • tposey80
    tposey80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last few times I just drink water and took a skinny cow candy bar with me