EA SPORTS ACTIVE 2 for WII

Options
Hey. I just got this for Christmas and had a question for anyone who's tried it out already.

I know it comes with a HRM but does it calculate your calories burned? or do i need to wear my polar HRM at the same time?

also, what are your rants or raves about this game?

Replies

• iwatts
    iwatts Posts: 22
    Options
    bump same question.:smile:
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    BUMP Anyone tried this out? I'm interested in getting WII but wanna know if it shows cals burned as well
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Okay, it DOES show cals burned, however, mine (don't know if this happens to everyone) doesn't track my movements half the time so I can't ever get past 10 minutes into a workout. It claims i'm "not doing the exercise" and keeps telling me to "watch the trainer and follow along" meanwhile i'm doing it!! So disappointed with this :(

I got about 5-10 minutes into 2 workouts and it did the same thing both times :(
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Dang that's disappointing but nice to know so I won't have to waste $$. eally wanna do Zumba and thought it'd be nice to try out at home 1st
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have EA 2 for the xbox kinect, have not had any problems out of it besides it kickling my *kitten*! It tracks calories well and heart rate well also.....
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    the problem with it saying your not doing the movement right was also a problme with the original ea actives - i found it really important to make sure i held the remote properly... it often wasnt anything to do with the movements i did but the way i held the wii remote and nunchuck.
  • benbidder
    Options
    I agree, the way you hold the remote is a big deal with this thing.. I actually enjoy the active. :)