wii fitness

Options
hey just got a wii fitness for christmas....was wondering if anyone has some good suggestions on some good fitness games. thinking about the zumba????

Replies

• bethpeterson
    bethpeterson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Although it is not a fitness game, my brother got me "Just Dance" and I worked up a sweat while challenging my daughters to some fun. I got a kick out of the music and even my husband tried a round of "Cotton Eyed Joe." This is probably not something to develop long-term health, but fun for the family.
  • jeannewafa
    Options
    Honestly, the plain old wii boxing is an amazing workout! Truly I am sore every time I do it and it's the game that comes with the wii itself. Plus...it's a good way to get frustration out when fighting the urge to have sweets! :)
  • monkey18
    Options
    If you go to the data icon up top it shows some wii games and how many calories you burn. Have fun and enjoy
  • heatypablo
    Options
    I have Wii Fit & Wii Fit Plus - both will give a good work-out. By the way, Wii Fit Plus has the same games as Wii Fit with a few more additional "games" and also will estimate your calories burned. It's fun... I like the Kung Fu and balance games. Good luck! :smile:
  • Dawnabelle
    Dawnabelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too, just got the family a Wii for Christmas and was having the exact conversation with my friends at dinner tonight! I wanted to try the Zumba and was told that it's really no different than getting a Zumba workout video (except it's probably much more expensive than the video). The best fitness tracking Wii suggestion I received was for the Wii Fit package with the balance board. I suggest trying your local library to see if they check out any fitness games or try renting to see which is the best for you. (That's what I'm gonna do for the Zumba b/c I really want to try it!) :tongue:
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I just recently purchased my Wii and the Wii Fit Plus with balance board. I am currently using the Wii Fit Plus and also just started the Biggest Loser Challenge wii game as well. Going to stick with those for a while, the Wii Fit Plus is more fun based and I like the yoga section and balance section quite a bit. But the Biggest Loser Challenge one is great, totally customizable to what you are looking to achieve and you can set it for any fitness level or goals, and it kicks my butt! I love it! I know the Biggest Loser Challenge Wii game was on sale this week at Target for 29.99!

I'll be looking for more Wii fitness games in the future too!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the plain old wii boxing is an amazing workout! Truly I am sore every time I do it and it's the game that comes with the wii itself. Plus...it's a good way to get frustration out when fighting the urge to have sweets! :)
    We just got a Wii for Christmas as well (no Fit though). My husband loves the boxing! He is super sore today after boxing several times yesterday. I think he found what he needs to have motivation to exercise.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I too, just got the family a Wii for Christmas and was having the exact conversation with my friends at dinner tonight! I wanted to try the Zumba and was told that it's really no different than getting a Zumba workout video (except it's probably much more expensive than the video). The best fitness tracking Wii suggestion I received was for the Wii Fit package with the balance board. I suggest trying your local library to see if they check out any fitness games or try renting to see which is the best for you. (That's what I'm gonna do for the Zumba b/c I really want to try it!) :tongue:

The Zumba is not expensive. It was only 39 when I got mine for Christmas-so just go get it-totally worth that money!!!
  • celesalk
    Options
    LOVE the boxing game.... especially after a stressful day when I feel like punching something anyways =D Just got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas, so haven't had a chance to really try it out, but I like a few of the rhythmic stepping exercises they have. Also, I like how they have more than one solid mini-game so I don't get bored with the same movements. Planning to get the Zumba game soon, so glad to hear some positive reviews.

I also enjoy the EA Sports Active for the way they track your exercising and allow for strength training with resistance bands. Allows for some advancement by buying some stronger bands when needed. =D
  • doingit4myprincesses
    Options
    I have one of the older Jillian Michaels games and A biggest Loser game. Both are a great workout. Also just the wii fit game you get with the board is a workout. That is what I started with before my Y membership. Good luck on your journey!!