For about $20 you could buy..... Fast Food vs Heathy Food

2»

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Well, yeah, but:

1) The prices are a bit out of date -- they are not usually that low for the grocery. Conversely, value meals are some of the dumbest ones you can buy if you're trying to save money -- you'd be much better off getting everyone a pair of McChickens/McDoubles (or whatever the corresponding BK item is) and drinking water.

2) A lot of the people who eat fast food the most are having difficulties with housing as well. Yeah, beans are great if you have a way to prepare them and a place to store them afterwards. If you're living in a motel, in an apartment with the utilities shut off, or out of your car, it's pretty difficult to try to cook any of these. I just recently spent a bit over a week living out of my car for a road trip, and while I did not resort to fast food meals, I *was* eating a lot of food cold out of the can.
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    That is just a lie. Plain and simple.

Show me where I can buy all that stuff for that cheap.
  • RhysJ13
    RhysJ13 Posts: 72
    Man I could really go for 4 whoppers right now...
  • Fredhatfield2
    Fredhatfield2 Posts: 75 Member
    I didn't read the article, but from the graphic someone else posted, I agree with the general idea. Yea, fast food may taste better and if you folks can afford the calories, knock yourselves out. I'm one of those people by the way cause I'm trying to gain weight and I need 4000 calories a day to do that.

However, this article points out something I've told people before when they say, "Well, eating healthy to expensive!" No, it's not. It is more expensive time wise because you have to prepare the food, but not dollar wise.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    I didn't read the article, but from the graphic someone else posted, I agree with the general idea. Yea, fast food may taste better and if you folks can afford the calories, knock yourselves out. I'm one of those people by the way cause I'm trying to gain weight and I need 4000 calories a day to do that.

However, this article points out something I've told people before when they say, "Well, eating healthy to expensive!" No, it's not. It is more expensive time wise because you have to prepare the food, but not dollar wise.

Depends on your definition of 'eating healthy'. Yeah, it's more expensive to eat fast food. It's not more expensive to eat 5 packages of ramen a day, yet I don't think anyone would really argue that a diet consisting solely of ramen was a 'healthy diet'.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Our food bill has increased since we started eating 'healthy' and we have our own vege garden. I'd love for it to cost less than junk food...