spicy food

Options

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Mick's Ghost Pepper Jelly. Put this stuff on a peanut butter sandwich and it's somewhat like a spicy Thai peanut curry.

Where can I find this jelly??? That sounds amazing!

http://www.micks.com/
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    If it ain't hot, it ain't good.

My go-to sauce is Dave's Ultimate Insanity, but Dave's Bhut Jolokia sauce as the preferred sauce when I can find it. Both leave me with a nice healthy glow and a serious case of the hiccups.

Jalapenos go in everything. I can't find fresh habeneros (sic) where I live, so I will have to start growing them myself. They make such a nice addition to breakfast...

I use Dave's Scorpion Pepper sauce on just about anything savory.

Now I need to find the Mick's jelly!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    LOVE spicy food here too!!

I always have a huge bag of fresh jalapenos in the fridge. I cook them with everything. If we are grilling I throw a whole one on the grill and eat it with dinner. If I have something in the crockpot...I throw a few whole ones in there to have with dinner as well. Its SOOO good!

Bottled hot sauce is awesome too! We always have a few different ones in the fridge!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    OMG YES!

i love sriracha, tapatios hot sauce, and I have 100% pain hot sauce but that can get too hot real quick. I have a few others that I've picked up from Mexico and some from Jamaica - but the Jamaican ones are more jerk than spice.

I LOVE to put hot sauce on everything, but especially veggies. The tapatios sauce with sliced cucumbers or even red bell peppers is amazing.

I also love to mix low fat/fat free rach with sriracha to make a creamy, spicy ranch. mmmmmm.....

I put hot sauce of one kind or another on almost everything. My mouth is actually burning a little as I type from the hot sauce/cucumber - don't knock it till you try it!

OMG and I LOVE sriracha on pickles. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM........ i like to mix any low cal food with hot sauce when I just want to eat....
  • Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    Go spicy or go home. That's my moto.

My ethnic foods = heaven
    Indian cuisine = heaven
    Cajun cuisine = heaven

(Growing up we used to have habanero pepper eating contests at home. Heck... my mom cooks with them daily. It's her favorite pepper.)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love spicy food! I love cream cheese and hot sauce on corn thins as a snack, I love thai soups and salads with plenty of burn, I love good spicy indian food, I love hot mexican food and eat jalapenos out of the jar... yum yum!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I love spicy food, peppers are so healthy for you. I love putting jalapenos and serrano peppers in everything. I'm growing my own plants this year and I am very excited. I love making Indian and Mexican food because i love the way the spices can mix with all the sauces. Depending on the sauce, I can do medium or hot.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    love me some good spicy food

I put hot sauce on a lot of foods

I have like 6 different hot sauces and trying to narrow it down but it is so hard they eat have their foods they are good on.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I love spicy food! I'll put extra hot salsa on or in what I'm eating, & I could eat Mexican, Thai and Indian food for days. My guilty pleasure food is Shin Ramyun noodles. The broth is made from pecante and with the whole packet it, it's super spicy; really, REALLY high in sodium though so I try not to eat more than one a week, and only on days that I get a good, sweaty workout in! But if something is labelled "spicy" and it doesn't make me sweat at least a little, I'm a Sad Sally.
  • mbennett024
    mbennett024 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Spicy food is my favorite! I ate so much spicy food while preg I think I burned out my taste buds lol it has to be really hot to bother me anymore. I like Pain is Good salsas and jalapenos in anything :)
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is a 1/4C of mixed nuts mixed with Sambal Oelek, raw chili paste.

Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa is the best too.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I just put jalapenos on everything. But my favorite spicy food would have to be the level 4 tofu pad thai at my local Thai place. (I wash it down with a thai iced tea, of course.) So spicy. So perf.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options

I also love to mix low fat/fat free rach with sriracha to make a creamy, spicy ranch. mmmmmm.....

We call that sri-ranch-a in my house. It's the best!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's summer time, so I've been making spicy gazpacho soup with limon chile shrimp. It super low calorie and also super awesome.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    oh hell yeah

My favourite is probably a good hit chicken vindaloo curry.

I have blairs death sauces on hand at all times incase something is a bit bland.

sriracha is a fave also.

I did the same food challenge that they did on Man Vs Food in LA at this place http://www.travelchannel.com/video/adam-recaps-his-visit-to-orochon-ramen-12328 He did it in 24min and I did it in 17mins. I was happy with that :happy:

P.S after touching hot chillies, wash your hands Very thoroughly before using the bathroom.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    Oh i love hot sauce!!
    My fave right now is a green one from Goya called Salsita jalapeño sauce!
    Cholula is awesome too!!
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm part Indian, so I love peppers. Heartbreaking Dawns makes this sauce called the Gold Habanero. The main ingredient is tomato, so I use it like ketchup.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I like most spices (that I've tried) ... I love a good tasty 'Ruby' .... BTW Spicey does not mean hot.
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love all these hot sauce suggestions! I love spicy food but I usually use fresh or dried chiles rather than a sauce. I can't wait to try some of these!