Spouse, SO's, others.... are they on your list?

Options

Replies

• littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    My err.. spouse whom I've been "officially" from separated from but not so much in reality or real life practice since last August was on my list until she removed me. She gets pissed off at the flirtatious behavior on MFP which really is just innocent online flirting and another way to provide "positive support" ..

It's actually probably best she removed me to be honest since she constantly calls my MFP friends list my friends list "The slutourage" :tongue:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend was on my FL. No big deal. I wouldn't mind having a spouse/SO because I would assume fitness and nutrition are important to both of us and that this would be an aspect of our lives that we would share. I wouldn't necessarily want my family to be on my FL. There are certain things I could not post if my mom were a regular MFP user, for example.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    My husband is banned from this site. I told him the MFP has ran out of Usernames and cannot accommodate him at this time. THIS MY THING, he better get his own!

Ran out of usernames? :laugh: :laugh:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I met three out of my nine wives here, two of my husbands and six out of eight of my girlfriends.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I met three out of my nine wives here, two of my husbands and six out of eight of my girlfriends.

I'm 'Enry the 8th I am...
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I love enjoying MFP and a fit life with my wife. We both log and track our food and it makes life easy. Before she was doing it she didn't understand why she needed to weight my food when she fixed my plate. It gives us more to talk about. whether we agree or disagree on an issue we can talk about it. But, hey we have a great relationship. It's a no brainer for me to have her as friends on here or anywhere else.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    If I had to have my "space" from my husband, I would not be married to him. Part of why I married him is to share everything with him. No secrets. If I had something to hide, I'd probably be abstaining from any social media, and be in marriage counseling instead.

Not necessarily true of everyone. I need my space from people in general, SO included. That doesn't mean I keep secrets from him. It just means I need alone time.

If he was on here I am sure we would be friends. We are on twitter and facebook. He can log on to any of my accounts and I his. We have no secrets.
  • Ren_F
    Ren_F Posts: 20
    Options
    If I had to have my "space" from my husband, I would not be married to him. Part of why I married him is to share everything with him. No secrets. If I had something to hide, I'd probably be abstaining from any social media, and be in marriage counseling instead.

Not necessarily true of everyone. I need my space from people in general, SO included. That doesn't mean I keep secrets from him. It just means I need alone time.

If he was on here I am sure we would be friends. We are on twitter and facebook. He can log on to any of my accounts and I his. We have no secrets.

I agree totally. If my husband was interested in any sort of social media he could be my friend and has total access to all of my accounts. If something needs to be hid, I shouldn't be doing it. That being said, we do need our space from time to time and that's OK too.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

This. Having separate interests or wanting to be alone from time to time doesn't equate to keeping secrets from each other. I'm an introvert. Being alone with my thoughts keeps me from going BSC on people.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Only one of my friends has joined after I suggested it to her. :) (She's trying to keep track of calories and such; she's such a skinny little thing and wanted to see how much she needed to bump it up. Though she's not been on much. xD) Otherwise I think only one other friend even knows that I've joined. I pretty much don't talk about it.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion I found my wife on here and saw all the flirting. I was interested in why she was looking for attention elsewhere. But after joining I realized it's just harmless flirting and motivation to help people along their journey to a healthy lifestyle. I've always been a gym rat but I found this site extremely motivating and helpful in my own journey. We are friends on here but for the most part I stay out of her business. I think honesty is the best option for couples though. Because if they find out on their own this site can be very misleading and cause a lot of turmoil in a relationship. And I do see a lot of comments about my own space. I can understand that although certain threads in here are very flirtatious. If you wouldn't say it in front of your SO then personally I feel you shouldn't say it. Just my honest opinion. So guess it all depends on the user and their relationship.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    No need to assume there is anything wrong with our marriage or sinister going on. What works for one couple doesn't work for another. Pretty simple actually.

Thanks for y'alls answers, I can't say I didn't get feedback :P. He actually has very little to lose right now so this is really just about him learning more about what he eats and what changes to make.

CIAO!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

Pretty much this.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have him on my FL, also probably the one i should actually be deleting him because he has not logged in 2 months LOL
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My husband is banned from this site. I told him the MFP has ran out of Usernames and cannot accommodate him at this time. THIS MY THING, he better get his own!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love you
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    No. Just no. That can't happen.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    No. Just no. That can't happen.

What he said.
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    EvenThatNameIsTaken Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My SO downloaded the MFP app after I was on here a couple weeks and saying positive things about it, and I sent him a FR. I was his only friend and he doesn't use the forum or respond in any way to anything I post (which is fine, we talk about this stuff IRL all the time).

So a few weeks ago I unfriended him (mostly to see if he'd notice), and just yesterday I got a FR from him. I accepted, but neither of us has said anything about it yet. I think it's kinda funny.

I know he never looks at my diary or pays any attention, but still it makes me slightly uncomfortable when I have a bad day, eat things I don't tell him about, and know he could check up on me if he really wanted. The discomfort is because he tends to be judgmental at times about food choices, even if they are within my calorie or macro targets, and I tend to get defensive about that stuff pretty easily.

Personally I don't understand in the least why you would log his food for him though, as a large reason why this site works seems to be personal accountability. I don't think I would be completely honest if I had to depend on someone else to enter my food, plus it seems like a big hassle for the person doing the logging... it's enough work to do my own! But to each his/her own. :)
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    No. But he doesn't need this place. He's naturally thin. I'd fattened him up about 5 lbs. He magically lost it. :grumble:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a member and on my friends list but he doesn't even know his own password. :D

I do all the logging. He gets a food allowance.