How can i lose weight when im addicted to food?

Options
1235»

Replies

• debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Anything that causes and physiological/psychological response in the body is something that can end up being an addition. Responses in the brains pleasure centers are triggered when you eat the food/take the drugs/ smoke the cigarette. You get cravings and your ability to manage those cravings can fail. Just like the alcoholic who says this is his last drink and then drinks an hour later an food addict struggles with the same emotions and drives.
  • dazydawn
    dazydawn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is in response to an earlier question about what the diagnostic criteria is for sugar addiction is. I obviously didn't quote it properly because I'm jonesing while waiting for my hook up. (aka, the Easter Bunny)

Though it's probably not official I self diagnosed based on the level of my willingness to stab someone in the eyeball for a candy bar. Scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being no desire at all to stab, 10 being it's totally happening even if it's my first born child. When diagnosing in the clinical setting of my living room, my son opted to step out of the room.

Smart boy.