Ideal Protein

Options
124»

Replies

• jheath1260
    Options
    I have been on IP since November 20, 2013. I have lost 24 lbs. It is a great way for your body to use it's resources (fat) to burn for energy. I like the fact that I am taking the supplements that I need that I may not be getting from some foods. Most of these supplements you should be taking anyway if you are over 40. Also the 4 phase program makes sense to me. It retrains you on how you should be eating. Also, I have cheated a couple of days so far to reward myself. I wouldn't make a habit of cheating. But it does give you a break once in a while, especially eating out, which makes it extremely hard to follow the recomended diet choices. The most I have lost in a week is 5.4 lbs. 1 week I did not lose any weight - but the other weeks I average about 2.2 to 2.4 lbs of weight loss. I have gone off 1 of 3 blood pressure medications and have regulated my blood sugar because I was borderline diebetic. I feel better. That's what makes a difference, forget how you look that does not matter as much as being healthy.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Curious, to the people here that are doing the diet... Are you guys not just DYING for some fats? I would be rubbing myself against the butter at the supermarket.
  • Bonnie028
    Options
    Hello my name is Bonnie I'm really interested in your substitutes for the ideal protein menu. I have seven children plus two extra children in the house any savings would be great. I need to lose just a bit over 50 lbs
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    IP will teach you how to eat properly

Not necessarily.

It really just teaches you to buy the products for life, because after going into "maintenance" you gain weight back because you increase your calories, so then you feel like you have to stay in phase one for the rest of your life.

My mom is TERRIFIED of grains now. All because of the false information that IP taught her.
  • zarazka20
    Options
    Hello everyone. I was on Ideal Protein Diet for 6 month. I lost 70 pounds. Now working as a coach for a diet and in reply to those who try to make their own diet from groccery store bars or following diet on their own I can wish only good luck with your Health. The ideal protein diet protocol is a medical protocol. There were lots of studies and tests put into it. The Ideal protein food is nor a same food you can buy everywhere. Its mixture of high quality proteins and other ingredients which our body needs(essential aminoacids and so on) if you eat pure store brand protein(every bar out there is full of sugars and chemicals) you can easy mess up your body. Yes,you will be losing weight,simple because your body is not getting anough of calories per day,and starts using whatever it can break up fast for energy(fat and Muscles). On ideal protein we try maximum safe a muscle mass and made body to use fat storage. That's the whole system and process how to make your body work this way.
  • Bonnie028
    Options
    Good evening Casedia, my name is Bonnie I'm really interested in your substitutes for the ideal protein menu. I have seven children plus two extra children in the house any savings would be great. I need to lose just a bit over 50 lbs. Are you still doing the diet? How much did you lose? How long did it take?
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My bff (male) lost 65 pounds since january already. He is following it and NOT cheating one bit. it is a very strict diet but he is able to do it because he has the knd of personality that meets challenges head on and food is not addicting to him, so he can do it. He looks great. I could not beleive his weight loss of like 7 pounds average a week.

well i took the principles of his diet (low carb) and I last week lost 7 pounds. I went to eating about 50 carbs each day, however, I am eating some fruit and dairy and some other items my bff is not allowed, and im losing weight at a good rate. Women lose about 3-4 pounds a week on IP.

so you can follow a very low (50-80 carbs a day) and lose plenty of weight and still enjoy those foods.

ps. i started my current diet Feb 11 and I have lost 23 pounds so far, thats pretty good, thats like 10 pounds a month.. i started off just doing low carb, which is like 80-100 carbs a day. i went out to eat and ate some high sodium meals and that made my water weight keep me the same weight for a week. however, then last week when i did very low carb (50 or so per day) i started losing 1 pound a day , i mean each day the scale showed a lower number .. yesterday i had to laugh because it was still doing that.. unbelieveable. so i enjoy fruit and dairy too much to do I.P.. however, i can have 1-2 fruit a day, 1 or 2 yogurt and 1 cup of milk, whatever that totals to be 50 carbs (maybe 1 fruit and 2 yogurt, i.e.) and keep it around 50-80. i am losing weight! or water, i dont know, but its coming off.

i will continue to do low carb and i believe continue to see results, eating real food, and eating when hungry, and eating till full enough, im probably keeping my calories within the one MFP set up , and when im hungry i eat a chunk of cheese or some protein/fat and then im not hungry.

so its working for me. doing the types of food that I.p. says to eat, and also including dairy and fruit. eggs are my go-to food when i want something solid to eat, i really dont enjoy drinking shakes or bars , doesn't seem satisfying.. but a hunk of cheese is..
  • Bigrobtempe
    Options
    I Started the diet April 18th 2014 at 40 years old and 300 pounds.at 5'10. Since I left division 1 football in 1994 I have gained 90 pounds. I started the Ideal Protein Diet to address the numerous health issues involved in gaining that much weight. It is now April 30th and I have lost 30 pounds and while I don't feel "GREAT" I absolutely feel lighter and healthier. This program is not for everyone and it is a bit expensive but results are obvious and my results speak volumes. My Face is thinner it looks like I'm 10 years younger, belly almost gone, waist is down at least 4 inches.
    This program is NOT for people who have an addictive personality. If you are addicted to food you will fail. Commitment to whatever brought you to seek help with your weight must be more important to you than anything else. Mine was my health and therein missing out on my daughters future.
    My end goal is 250 pounds. Looks like another two weeks and I will be there, that's 50 pounds in 5 weeks!!! I know it seems fast but I truly believe that maintaining these eating habits after I complete the program will be do-able.
  • Ayabavie
    Ayabavie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the ideal protein last Saturday so day 7 have not lost any weight so far when can I expect to see a difference?
  • shortt123
    shortt123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm going to try a plan that is very similar to ideal protein. The web site is called, Bearware.com...the individual that created the site discusses the high protein plan that he followed, as it was recommended to him by his doctor. he lists several different protein shake and protein bars to choose from, and also provides nutrition information, which is helpful. The plan is straightforward and simple to follow. I will jump on board when I have the important items (protein shake)
  • djrickman
    djrickman Posts: 1
    Options
    I am just starting this plan next week 2nd week of May 2014.

The following information is from the brochure I received from the medical pharmacy and from my understanding of what is expected
    of my involvement.

You asked about this plan, Principle of this diet, as I understand it - the body has three sources of energy from which it draws on to meet its metabolic needs - carbohydrates, muscle and fat. The body will first draw on its carbohydrates reserve before turning to muscle and fat. I will be limiting my carbohydrate intake to encourage the body to turn to its fat and muscle components for energy. By eating high protein foods, it helps to support muscle mass and teaches us, the dieters how to develop smarter eating habits and lifestyle choices so we can maintain a stable weight after the weight goal is achieved. If you are thinking of starting this program, you need to first consult with your physician, to see if this program will fit in with your needs.

This medical program was designed in Europe 25 years ago.

Example of Meals: The plan has
    Breakfast herbs and you make your own cheese omelet
    Lunch - their soup protein tomato and basil soup - which you add your own veg. and lettuce(salad)
    Dinner - you make chicken breast with vegetables and lettuce

I plan to lose about 35-40 lbs.

I am motivated and can do this, and will be adding in daily walking and tread mill for those days I don't like our weather along with drinking 1 16 oz glass for my height which is 5 feet therefore 5-6 glasses of water per day.. 1 glass when I get up with my meds, and 1 before each mea and snack, then finally - 1 before I retire at night.l
    Watch my progress on here if you like - starting next week.

Snack dill pickle zippers??? their protein snack
  • mindimo
    mindimo Posts: 10
    Options
    I would love to know about the alternatives! I am probably starting IP next week to lose 15 lbs and not sure I want to incur the cost.

Thanks!
  • binskee
    binskee Posts: 1
    Options
    I started IP Feb 2nd. My most recent weigh-in on June 19th, I was down 57lbs! 57lbs! It has been an amazing diet. The meals get a bit boring, it is costing me $88 a week, but I would do it all over again! You definitely have to be in the right mind set and can not cheat. Otherwise you are just throwing money out the window.

My weighloss centre has stopped selling Ideal Protein so this week I started with their new plan....Pro-Energy. It is basically the same but a little more work. Now we count our carbs, not worrying about the calories as before. So when it comes time for maintenance (which is hopefully in the very near future), I will know how to watch what I am eating and able to maintain. They have the same type packets but more options and way more flavor. They do require exercise and have a few different options to start with (based on exercise).
  • tutsass1
    tutsass1 Posts: 1
    Options
    what is the website with all the costs and everything im very interested in learning more about this diet
  • lbutterfield5
    lbutterfield5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How are you doing so far? I haven't seen any new post from you.