Seriously Serious Start

Options
I don't know if it's a bad sign that I signed up for my online account while munching on some cookies but I figured it's better to get started while I'm down and out then succumb to cookies without any resolution.

I also realize that 40percent of the planet is planning on dieting right now..at this moment.

So.... even though I'm having a very Thelma and Louise in the car at the end of the movie all or nothing moment... I figure this might be a good place to start.

I'm 5'10, 194 pounds... 15 pounds away from being obese and 45 pounds away from being at a healthy weight.

I want to be a bad-*kitten* so badly. I want to be a part of bad-*kitten*-dome of healthy.

Any current bad-*kitten* have any advice regarding the first 5 weeks of changing your life?

shoot.

Replies

• ElizabethMcCathern
    Options
    I'm not a badass yet.
    YET.
    I started a few days before Christmas, which in retrospect didn't do me much good since i just gained it all back from the christmas goodies, BUT I am starting anew. :)

I wish you tons of luck and success! You can so get this done!
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    Ah thanks! Yes... I finished my cookies as well. But that was last night.... that was last night Elizabeth.

ha!

TODAY IS TODAY AND THAT WAS YESTERDAY....just gotta make sure it doesn't become tonight or tomorrow.

Okay... and I also have to avoid the kitchen in my office.... sometimes I wish we could hire a messenger service that drops 15 pounds of lard on the people who send us these cookies covered in chocolate sin. Whatever happened to a basket of fruit?

Oh wait... there is fruit- hidden behind the giant can of popcorn covered in fake cheese powder...mmmmmm... don't worry. Not doing it TODAY.
  • ElizabethMcCathern
    Options
    Ah thanks! Yes... I finished my cookies as well. But that was last night.... that was last night Elizabeth.

ha!

TODAY IS TODAY AND THAT WAS YESTERDAY....just gotta make sure it doesn't become tonight or tomorrow.

Okay... and I also have to avoid the kitchen in my office.... sometimes I wish we could hire a messenger service that drops 15 pounds of lard on the people who send us these cookies covered in chocolate sin. Whatever happened to a basket of fruit?

Oh wait... there is fruit- hidden behind the giant can of popcorn covered in fake cheese powder...mmmmmm... don't worry. Not doing it TODAY.

Pffft I regifted all that crap! LOL My splurge was the 27 stuffed jalapenos and banana cobbler. :P

I do have one tiny piece of advice though...for every crappy decision I make, I make up for it with a healthy one. ie.....crap, I can't believe i just had that coke! Well, i'll drink 2 glasses of water to make up for it! :D

You're gonna rock it this year!
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    :laugh: YAY
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm not a badass yet.
    YET.
    I started a few days before Christmas, which in retrospect didn't do me much good since i just gained it all back from the christmas goodies, BUT I am starting anew. :)

Ummm yes it did. If you would have waited until after Christmas... you would have probably gained even more weight. Never sell yourself short. :)
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    So true- there is credit to be had there!!
  • ElizabethMcCathern
    Options
    I'm not a badass yet.
    YET.

Ummm yes it did. If you would have waited until after Christmas... you would have probably gained even more weight. Never sell yourself short. :)

Aw, thanks for that! Made me feel a little less like a loser. :D
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    welcome.

If I can offer some advice to you, don't diet. Dieting is a recipe for failure. Change your food for life, change your lifestyle, that's how to achieve long term success.

The reason why (and this is statistical fact) 80% of people who lose weight on a diet gain that weight back is because they "diet". Your brain unconsciously attributes a diet to being able to return to your former eating patterns later on, which, as we all know, is how you gained the weight in the first place.

Best luck to you.

-Banks
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    I'm banking on you being right Banks.

Today was a good start- I hate dieting anyway. And i love fruits and veggies.... I just gotta get to preparing my own foods because my down fall is not cooking and ordering in.

Booooooo.

But what you're saying makes a ton of sense.

I will be keeping that in mind. :drinker:
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lorenadiaz, I wish you well! I've been on here for almost 2 months. I'm doing okay. The past week was tough because of Christmas. But, this website definitely opens yours eyes when you enter everything you eat. You said you like fruits and veggies, that's a good start. What's your exercise plan like?
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    Lorenadiaz, I wish you well! I've been on here for almost 2 months. I'm doing okay. The past week was tough because of Christmas. But, this website definitely opens yours eyes when you enter everything you eat. You said you like fruits and veggies, that's a good start. What's your exercise plan like?

Doing some for starters- lol-

but I'm really into pilates. It was a good place for me to start last time and I felt very strong over time having done it. It's also pretty amazing in the results department. I also have a gym membership so I'm shooting get at least 20 minutes of strength training in.

BUt for the first 2 weeks, I'm looking at pilates at home with a DVD. Sound good ya think?
  • brwnsugababe
    Options
    welcome.

If I can offer some advice to you, don't diet. Dieting is a recipe for failure. Change your food for life, change your lifestyle, that's how to achieve long term success.

The reason why (and this is statistical fact) 80% of people who lose weight on a diet gain that weight back is because they "diet". Your brain unconsciously attributes a diet to being able to return to your former eating patterns later on, which, as we all know, is how you gained the weight in the first place.

Best luck to you.

-Banks

OMG! Thank you for saying that. I am forever telling people that I am not on a diet. BTW I am not on a diet just incase I didnt say that already. =) I am losing weight, getting curves in places I never had them before. However, I still have my cake and eat it to, in moderation of course. I am exercising 6 out of 7 days a week now. I can't see myself intentionally missing a workout now. If I do, I feel like i've lost something. My weight loss is slow, but not turtle slow. What I am doing now, I can do to maintain once I reach my goal. I learned how to control how much food I put into my body and I've also learned how to eat the good stuff, i.e. fruits and veggies. I love water now. This coming from a has been soda addict.

So yes, I will say I have made a significant lifestyle change and I didnt have to go on a diet to do it. And to make it even better, Everyone around can now see those changes too.