weird foods that are actually good.

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    PB and anything really :happy:

I dipped carrots in hooters hot sauce the other day. That was odd but delicious.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    nutella,creme cheese,mustard dip..... Nahhh! kidding that must be terrible lol :laugh: :sick:

I don't eat it anymore cause well...it's not that healthy lol ...not at all but when i was young...my grand'ma would give me some sugar sandwich..she called...it was two piece of bread..with butter and sugar. As weird as it is... it was great! (i was under 10 y.o) cause she died soon after.

Did you ever sprinkle on a dash of cinnamon? Ahh, the Wonderbread butter sugar sandwich. I would try to copy it at home with our Roman Meal bread.
  • NowIFeelYa
    NowIFeelYa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wow some good food here. I also like banana, peanut butter and mayo on bread
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Chopped cocktail olives with the pimento, toasted chopped pecans and cream cheese blended together and spread on toasted raisin bread. My grandmother made these for every road trip. We would pull into rest stops, go to a pic nic table and unwrap the waxpaper wrapped sandwiches and enjoy with sweet tea.

Pineapple rings topped with a dollop of Hellmanns mayo and sprinkled with finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Cantaloupe dusted with fresh cracked pepper

Buttermilk topped with fresh cracked pepper and served with crunchy oatmeal cookies

All of these sound great to me! You reminded me of my mom's 'fruit salad' - lettuce with a canned pear half on it, topped with a spoon of mayo.

Are you from East Texas?? My mom made the same thing! Or maybe she got the recipe out of Better Homes and Gardens or something. She would sprinkle grated cheese on the mayo. And she also would do the lettuce leaf with a canned peach half, filled with cottage cheese. That was our 'fancy' salad for Sunday dinners.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Leftover mashed potatoes and eggs all scrambled together with a side of cottage cheese. Now that I'm tracking, egg whites instead of whole eggs, but in my family we all fought over the leftover mashed potatoes the next morning. One time in college I went to Cheesecake Factory and they had a mashed potato and egg omelet so I know I am not the only one, but my friends all think I'm crazy when I mention this food combo.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Chopped cocktail olives with the pimento, toasted chopped pecans and cream cheese blended together and spread on toasted raisin bread. My grandmother made these for every road trip. We would pull into rest stops, go to a pic nic table and unwrap the waxpaper wrapped sandwiches and enjoy with sweet tea.

Pineapple rings topped with a dollop of Hellmanns mayo and sprinkled with finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Buttermilk topped with fresh cracked pepper and served with crunchy oatmeal cookies

All of these sound great to me! You reminded me of my mom's 'fruit salad' - lettuce with a canned pear half on it, topped with a spoon of mayo.

Are you from East Texas?? My mom made the same thing! Or maybe she got the recipe out of Better Homes and Gardens or something. She would sprinkle grated cheese on the mayo. And she also would do the lettuce leaf with a canned peach half, filled with cottage cheese. That was our 'fancy' salad for Sunday dinners.

I was born in Witchita Falls! Good guess! I now remember the peaches with the cottage cheese since you mentioned it. I'm thinking Better Homes & Gardens is the culprit - lol. Did your mom ever make 'Texas Hash' ? That was a cheap, weeknight standby. Ground beef, onions, green peppers, and rice in one big sloppy casserole. LOL
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I like spaghetti sauce on spaghetti squash. Cuts my simple carbs down and it's actually quite good.
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    As a kid, we ate smashed banana and peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter and bologna sandwiches, milk-toast, which is leftover toast on a plate, covered in sugar and milk. And also graham crackers with mayo spread on them. And salt on watermelon.
    I still like ketchup on scrambled eggs.
    At 3am one night in my 20s, I discovered I really loved chili cheese and onion omelets!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Artichoke omelets; chopped artichoke hearts, steamed broccoli, egg and cheese omelet with a side of ham almost every morning...yum!!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options

I was born in Witchita Falls! Good guess! I now remember the peaches with the cottage cheese since you mentioned it. I'm thinking Better Homes & Gardens is the culprit - lol. Did your mom ever make 'Texas Hash' ? That was a cheap, weeknight standby. Ground beef, onions, green peppers, and rice in one big sloppy casserole. LOL

She was always making casseroles. Ground beef with sliced potatoes and cream of mushroom soup; pork chops and rice cooked with onions, mushroom soup and tomato soup. Also macaroni, canned tomatoes, and sliced up weiners. She always made that when we were sick, as it was supposed to be easy on our stomach. lol.
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    I also have green eggs and ham. I scramble eggs with ham, spinach, cheese and mushrooms, then slice avocados on top. Looks kinda gross, but tastes great!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I am in recovery from anorexia so sometimes I do weird food combinations not realizing they are weird (I have had an eating disorder of some kind since age 6 and I am 21 now...so I honestly don't know what's normal anymore)

I put jelly on my baby bakers or baked potatoes

Peas in regular oatmeal with cayenne pepper

Butternut squash puree on corn tortilla with guacamole and tuna

Guacamole and jelly mixed together on toast

And sometimes I put yogurt on my bagels...I don't know if that's considered weird or not though
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend likes PB&J's with kosher dill pickles on them. I don't understand how that may taste good. lol
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Vegemite on raisin toast.
    Whipped cream and jam sandwiches.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I like a swirl of grape jelly in instant grits.

Also, a fried egg over baked beans.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used to love lamb brain. Haven't had it since I was 10 though.
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce on cream cheese in a bagel
    Tuna fish and hummus sandwich
    Tuna fish and Salsa
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Canned Tuna + Salsa
    Canned Tuna + BBQ Sauce
    Beef Jerky dipped in Nacho Cheese sauce
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I used to eat cheese whiz on Eggo waffles, also cheese whiz, pb and jam sandwiches. A friend of mine would put crunched up potatoe chips on her sandwiches. For a cheat day I love mayo on French fries. Ok, now I'm hungry....
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, Jam, bacon, and Old Cheddar Cheese on a toasted bagel!

ETA - Strawberry Jam (my mom's in particular)