weird foods that are actually good.

Options

Replies

• andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    Peanut butter and pickled jalapenos is probably my most offbeat. Come to think of it, jalapenos are pretty good with a lot of things you wouldn't suspect, like tuna salad or chocolate ice cream.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    A whole Sweet potato cooked in skin, sprinkled with cinnamon and smothered in natural peanut butter.

TRY IT!
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Spicy chicken, celery, curry mayo, pine seeds and grape sandwich :)
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Roasted ants: have a lemon peppery flavor with great crunch

BBQ scorpion: nutty and smokey

Fried, descaled fish skin: light and sweet ( the sauce was sweet anyway)

I tried lots of others that made me want to gag but I remember really liking these three.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I also have green eggs and ham. I scramble eggs with ham, spinach, cheese and mushrooms, then slice avocados on top. Looks kinda gross, but tastes great!

Scrambled eggs blended with nuked Stouffers spinach soufflé. Often served with sautéed onions and mushrooms on the side. We would make it for guests and they would look doubtful and then scarf it down. 40 yrs and we've never had leftovers!
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Smoked ham and swiss cheese, on a buttered (but not toasted) cinnamon raisin bagel.

English muffin, toasted, topped with peanut butter topped and honey or karo.

Cottage cheese and grape jam mixed together. Looks kinda gross but is quite tasty. Have a banana w/peanut butter on the side and there's lunch.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Spicy chicken, celery, curry mayo, pine seeds and grape sandwich :)

Stuff it in a pita with sprouts and you have my Mom's favorite pic nic food. We ate this after every Lacrosse and Soccer tourney. Along with lbs of quartered Navel oranges! Great memories!
  • usmcj80
    usmcj80 Posts: 58
    Options
    I still love peanut butter and Miracle whip sandwiches as well as peanut butter and Bologna and cheese sandwiches.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with jam

cheese with mango chutney and/or lime pickle
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Creamy peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches are amazing! I also do ketchup on my scrambled eggs (never considered this weird...but ok). Also love fried eggs over pan fried polenta with a little hot sauce and crushed red pepper.
  • gypsy__heart
    gypsy__heart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am basically the walking poster child for weird food combinations. My family and boyfriend tease me about it all the time!

Some of my favorites are:
    Whole wheat noodles in ketchup instead of pasta sauce
    Carrot sticks dipped in mustard or hot sauce
    Watermelon with sea salt sprinkled on it
    Yogurt with peanuts mixed in
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Rice in bbq sauce.

I always thought it was normal until I married my husband. He watched me do it a few nights in and told me I was crazy.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    Banana wrapped in American cheese - Learned from an old Mr. Rogers episode. I swear, Google it!!

Most people think that I am disgusting because I love pickled hearing and scrapple. If you don't know what scrapple is made from......don't ask. Also, I put some type of hot sauce on pretty much everything....and I mean everything. Ice cream anyone??

I thought that ketchup on scrambled eggs is pretty normal, at least in my parts.....
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Boiled eggs & hummus
    Pita chips & nutella
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and bacon wrapped in lettuce or a gluten free pancake.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, bananas and bacon on a hamburger. It's AWESOME. Bonus points if it's chunky PB
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter & sweet pickles on whole wheat bread!
    My Mom used to make mayonnaise, peanut-butter, pickle, and onion sandwiches. They're still pretty good without the mayonnaise; the peanut-butter and pickle flavor combination is really interesting.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1 can of Tuna (drained) with 4 Tbsp of fresh salsa. No mayo, just the tuna and salsa. Everyone thinks I'm strange when I eat this but it is amazing!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My wife thought fruit with chili powder was weird. Standard in Mexico :) Anything goes: mango, pineapple, apple, banana, cantaloupe, coconut...

Spicy chocolate sorbet is glorious. Bacon covered in dark chocolate is, too.

My mom puts popcorn in her soda Icoke, specifically) when going to a movie... that's beyond my understanding, but I think she likes slightly salty soda.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    put grapes in the freezer. voila! mini popsicles
    not so much a combo of things, but still weird..