VENT . . work refrigerator/freezer thieves!

Options
Just had to vent a bit . .

I brought a pint of Dannon Oikos frozen yogurt to work with me yesterday. It was unopened still sealed with the plastic "ring". I put my initials on it as per our break room policy. This afternoon, after lunch, I went to retrieve it and it is GONE. Less than 24 hours after I placed it in there, someone has already taken it and apparently eaten the whole pint. : (

Why can't people respect each other's food in a professional office?? I know that's a loaded and probably hypothetical question . . but I just had to vent a little! Okay, vent over. Thanks for listening. : )

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    that's not nice at all...

Definate rant required for this...
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A few thoughts:

Put your boss's or another supervisor's initials on it.

Hide it in a bigger labelled container that is less likely to be pinched - marmite, liver and onions, gefilte fish, "thanksgiving leftovers" come to mind.

Put a layer of cayenne pepper on top and scrape off before eating.

Install a nanny-cam.

Lick it or leave teeth marks in it.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Yeah. They leave the candy and doughnuts but take the healthy stuff marked with some else's initials.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    A few thoughts:

Hide it in a bigger labelled container that is less likely to be pinched - marmite, liver and onions, gefilte fish, "thanksgiving leftovers" come to mind.

Install a nanny-cam.

you are creative...nice...I was just gonna suggest laxatives but yours are much better.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Label it 'stool sample'.................

It should be there for you..................
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A few thoughts:

Install a nanny-cam.

^^^ THis.. hilarious
  • captainamerica52
    Options
    A few thoughts:

Install a nanny-cam.

Install a nanny-cam pmsl:laugh:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    We could never keep milk for our coffee in the refrigerator; it would disappear in a day. So my friend started filling up a clean Pepto Bismol bottle with milk from home and leaving it in the fridge...never walked away again.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I have two words for ya.....laxative brownies
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Just had to vent a bit . .

I brought a pint of Dannon Oikos frozen yogurt to work with me yesterday. It was unopened still sealed with the plastic "ring". I put my initials on it as per our break room policy. This afternoon, after lunch, I went to retrieve it and it is GONE. Less than 24 hours after I placed it in there, someone has already taken it and apparently eaten the whole pint. : (

Why can't people respect each other's food in a professional office?? I know that's a loaded and probably hypothetical question . . but I just had to vent a little! Okay, vent over. Thanks for listening. : )

OMG!! I had this happened to me a few weeks ago. Someone took my salad that was aimed to meet my goals/macros (Protein/fats/carbs) - I was left with nothing for lunch and had to de-rail from my diet. It was so upsetting.

It's like you need to bring your own small fridge so you can guard it at all times - Just ridiculous.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You should put something in there with your initials and spit in it. See if they keep eating your food then.... The suggestion about using supervisor's initials is pretty solid too hehe
  • libertychoury
    libertychoury Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ugh I work in a school and the same thing has happened to me. It irritates me so much that I have used containers that say breast milk on them (and aren't see through) so people generally leave them alone.
    But now I keep a fridge in my classroom. At least now I can keep my gallon of water cold all day!
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Word of advice- never, ever, ever do the laxative thing. You can cause serious damage to someone if they're on certain meds or have a medical condition and you would be charged with assault in that case. It's happened before.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I would tell management/HR. If there is a food thief management won't know about it until someone speaks up. It sounds minor and like you're being a tattle, but someone is taking money from your wallet. Not being able to trust your coworkers is a big deal. It also gives you ammo for permission for a smaller fridge located closer to your work area (if possible). Thieves won't stop unless the threat of exposure and consequences is there.
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me as well. Had a Jason's Deli lunch box with chips, sandwich and a cookie. I had a stressful morning so I was really looking forward to the cookie. Go to get the box, open it, and the cookie was gone. I was bummed at first, then realized that who ever ate it saved me ~300 calories.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Word of advice- never, ever, ever do the laxative thing. You can cause serious damage to someone if they're on certain meds or have a medical condition and you would be charged with assault in that case. It's happened before.

wait a sec that doesn't make sense...why would they charge me if I put laxative in my food but Mr X stole it, ate it and pooped all over.

No that is not true. I disagree b'coz it's crime to steal.

what **** I put in my food is my business.
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people making "casseroles" with pet food. And when it was brought to the thief's attention, they tried taking the person to H.R. H.R. said, we're not going to do anything because you shouldn't have been eating someone else's food. If they want to eat pet food, we can't stop them.

Nonetheless, the humiliated thief "resigned" shortly there after.

You could also:

Make "special" brownies with Ex Lax.

Make a "special" pie a la "The Help".

Hell, start a rumor that someone stole special food for your pet.

Take no pity on these scum bags.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Once, long ago when I worked as a receptionist in a surgery clinic, I WATCHED an orthopedic surgeon steal my lunch. It was a can of chicken noodle soup and an apple. Seriously?! A surgeon can't simply order take out or something? lol I mentioned that it was my lunch and he just sort of blushed with his mouth full of soup. Never apologized though.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I work for a Christian organization and had the same problem with someone STEALING. Someone was freely helping themselves to my Almond Joy coffee creamer, so much that I didnt have enough left for my coffee one morning. Me and NO COFFEE . . . . not a good combination. I left a "nice" note on the refrigerator warning the thief that if they touched my coffee creamer without 1st asking me (because my name was labeled on it), dont be surprised at what was found in it. Yes, I was BOLD enough to sign my name and extension on the note and actually had "bait" coffee creamer in the fridge (with a ton of added salt) - in case they thought I was playing!

No more issues with my creamer being used :drinker: .
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    anti-theft-lunch-bag_zpsdbf4d76c.jpg

I think it's the height of skeevy to steal lunches and I would be very vocal about it. So frustrating!