Heartache and food...

Options
I can tell I’ve made a change in my life… Things just went south with this guy I was kind of seeing… Old me would have cuddled up with every comfort food known to man… But today, I just want the day to be over so I can go workout my aggression at the gym. What’s your anti-food coping mechanism… And why are men such *kitten*?

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    They're not ALL like that. It just seems like the good ones are few and far between.:flowerforyou: And good for you for not heading straight for the comfort food!
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Very nice. There is no better way to work out frustration. For me, it is a bike ride.

And men are pigs.....
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    taking anger out in the gym is great! but also so is shooting characters in a video games helps too :p
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My anti-food way is either running or strength training.

And plan on staying single. Keep finding what seems like the right guy for me than their true colors come out when they can no longer take being nice anymore or they think they have me hooked. Something like that.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    . . .because being nice is a lot of work . and women don't like nice guys. . so why do all that work ? duh!. .

And good for you all working out and stuff. .(yawn). . .
  • JILLCLI4D
    JILLCLI4D Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cardio X (from p90x). Love it. Has a good variety of stuff- yoga, plyometrics, core training, and KenpoX (karate moves). Makes me sweat and it seems like it's not 43 minutes.
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Men are not genetically made to be *kitten*, the conspiracy theorists suggest that when males are born they get an initial shot of assness so their body will adjust evenly throughout their growth period. It takes about 14 years to gestate within the male body but it does vary between ages. Once they figured out the side effects they quickly called it "puberty" in attempts to give it a clinical name so nobody would question it. If you trace the funding of the assness shot you will quickly find that the shot is made by a subsidiary company of the owners of FTD flowers, and the makers of valentines day (though some specifically point to Hallmark). The idea is the more of an a'hole they make men, and with men being the slowest of mental development between the two genders. They can convince the men to do/say whatever they want and expect that buying the FTD flowers, as well as pretty "I love you" cards from hallmark will get the men out of trouble, also that the higher maturity rate of the female will soften from the sentiment, letting their guard down, and therefore allowing the cycle to keep revolving creating consistent revenue. Occasionally men get soft as they age and need an assness booster and are suggested to take testosterone supplements to "boost their strength" but it's really just an assness booster shot in disguise. They initially tried to boost assness through the GMO products thinking they could reverse the roles to women as well through indirect funding from victorias secret expecting a whole new market surplus, but they didn't disguise it enough and people caught on to the insincerity of the product(s) and guys/gals stopped buying it.

With that said I hope this assists you in your question and if i wind up dead or missing rest assure it was either monsanto, victoria secret, hallmark, or FTD flowers.
  • Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Men are not genetically made to be *kitten*, the conspiracy theorists suggest that when males are born they get an initial shot of assness so their body will adjust evenly throughout their growth period. It takes about 14 years to gestate within the male body but it does vary between ages. Once they figured out the side effects they quickly called it "puberty" in attempts to give it a clinical name so nobody would question it. If you trace the funding of the assness shot you will quickly find that the shot is made by a subsidiary company of the owners of FTD flowers, and the makers of valentines day (though some specifically point to Hallmark). The idea is the more of an a'hole they make men, and with men being the slowest of mental development between the two genders. They can convince the men to do/say whatever they want and expect that buying the FTD flowers, as well as pretty "I love you" cards from hallmark will get the men out of trouble, also that the higher maturity rate of the female will soften from the sentiment, letting their guard down, and therefore allowing the cycle to keep revolving creating consistent revenue. Occasionally men get soft as they age and need an assness booster and are suggested to take testosterone supplements to "boost their strength" but it's really just an assness booster shot in disguise. They initially tried to boost assness through the GMO products thinking they could reverse the roles to women as well through indirect funding from victorias secret expecting a whole new market surplus, but they didn't disguise it enough and people caught on to the insincerity of the product(s) and guys/gals stopped buying it.

With that said I hope this assists you in your question and if i wind up dead or missing rest assure it was either monsanto, victoria secret, hallmark, or FTD flowers.

end thread...:drinker:
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Men are *kitten* just as much as women are bi*ches!! I guess its genetics?! Can't lump them all into the same category - but I'm sorry your recent guy was one/is one.

Taking out your aggression at the gym is far better than a box of donuts. I like my runs when I am frustrated or need to clear my head. But every now and then.... a glass of wine (or two) with a good friend is TOTALLY worth it!!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Before I was preggers it was Bacardi or Crown. Now . . . now I just . . . lose my mind. I have no coping mechanisms right now. Geez I just realized that and it SUCKS!
  • SlinginSticks
    SlinginSticks Posts: 5 Member
    Options

That's my brah right there...he knows wassup.
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options

I’d like to offer you a seat on my Board of Directors.

5 brothers and a son of my own… You’d think I’d understand that species more, but alas… I’m still a fool.

I hope Hallmark does the takedown... then uses the experience to come with a new line of "he wasn't worth you time" cards and other cliches.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I can relate. I went through a pretty bad breakup about a month and a half ago and he still lingers. In fact, just yesterday I found out he is dating again and it broke my heart all over again. Needless to say, I did turn to food. Not like I would have in the past...but still. I don't know if that will ever change. I am trying to maintain my weight and still battle these urges. I just try to make the best choices as possible.

Men confuse and frustrate me. :huh:
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have so many coping mechanisms I'm not sure I can list them all, haha. The biggest one is exercise. If I'm stressed, anxious, or angry, I kickbox or run until I just can't anymore. Weightlifting helps a lot, too, especially squats and deadlifts.

As far as non-exercise goes, I crochet, read, draw, woodburn, watch funny movies (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Dale & Tucker VS Evil are my go-tos), listen to comedy standups, or do papercraft.

Truthfully, I feel incredibly lucky that I'm not an emotional eater. When things go wrong, I need to keep my hands busy and my mind occupied.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Keep finding what seems like the right guy for me than their true colors come out when they can no longer take being nice anymore or they think they have me hooked. Something like that.

WOW! This is exactly what happens to me in my relationships....
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Men are *kitten* just as much as women are bi*ches!! I guess its genetics?! Can't lump them all into the same category - but I'm sorry your recent guy was one/is one.

Taking out your aggression at the gym is far better than a box of donuts. I like my runs when I am frustrated or need to clear my head. But every now and then.... a glass of wine (or two) with a good friend is TOTALLY worth it!!

^ This.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Wait, we're not supposed to be *kitten*? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Healthy coping options:
    pillow screaming
    walking
    running
    other exercise
    firing range (tad expensive as of late)
    call a girlfriend
    journal
    vent on MFP

NOT so healthy options
    margaritas (calories)
    bottle of wine (calories)
    rum and coke (calories)
    drunk text him (no additional calories)
    post his nude pic on facebook
    (NOT on MFP...don't want you kicked out)

NO...I have not personally done all of these...