Need some friends for inspiration

Options
I have been on MFP for a couple of months. I am in my 40s and have been a little overweight, most of my life. I have been on a couple of different weight loss plans, before.
I went to see a nutritionist and I and tracking my calories through MFP.

Want to lost 30 to 40 pounds and get in shape to stay healthy for the rest of my life. I also want to get strong, so getting on a workout schedule. I live in the city so I do get a ton of walking in, but I am adding more to lose weight and lifting weights.

I would like to meet new firends to help keep me motivate when I need it. And to give any tips that they have.

Hope to meet some new people. :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool to help you on your weight loss journey. Making friends on here is a good way to keep you accountable and motivated. It's also a great way to get ideas on what's working for others and meal ideas. I have sent you a friend request so we can help support each other I am still on my journey. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • runsoborun
    runsoborun Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MTF! Would love to be fitness friends. I need all the motivation I can get.
  • RickiDevonStewart
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight as well and have just started this. I could use all the help I can get. I have a thyroid problem and losing weight is hard for me.
  • mbinversie
    mbinversie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, so glad you have decided to go the healthy route. I have been on and off. I would really like to stay motivated. I have found that weight doesn't just "fall" off when I diet anymore. I am 43 and have 3 kids and a busy life. I recently started exercising and it feels great! I just started a weight circuit program also. I have read that over 40 building muscle tone is important. We can all definitely use some extra motivation at times.
  • sheskimtastic
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I definitely love having motivating friends and helping to motivate others. It's great to have a support system.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I've just started adding friends and find it very motivational to see their daily accomplishments and progress
  • ontheroadtohealthy12
    Options
    I'm forty. Just signed back up for MFP, so only on for a couple days. I wish you the best and lets be friends...I could use the motivation and accountability.
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP has become a daily routine for me and love it and love the support I receive on here. I just sent you a friend request.
  • Tommyknuckles
    Tommyknuckles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Getting stronger by strength training is the way to go. Throwing in cardio now and then is ok. First of all throw away the weight scale, it is not your friend! It takes persistence and patience and the results will come.
  • hellakellasee
    hellakellasee Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    add me, anyone. Im always (and i mean always) on here. i log daily, always giving out support, and I'm on a 50 lb weight loss journey. I also do insanity incase any of you do so as well :)