Scared of sagging chest

I am 34 and I am normally a 34B I gained about 50 pounds and now I am up to a 36C. I have already lost about 13 pounds and they are a little smaller but relatively the same shape. I have been losing weight pretty slowly but I am having a huge fear right now of sagging breasts when I go back down to my normal B cup. I don't have children. Any thoughts?

Replies

• charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Lift weights. It helps.....tremendously.... with the shape of absolutely everything ;)
  • jankim9597
    jankim9597 Posts: 5 Member
    what type of weight lifting is good for this
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    In for the answer to above question.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Try swimming. I'm a B cup & when I swim regularly it builds the muscles behind your boobs & lifts them up.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Dumbbell flys over everything else.. bench press too.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member

I do chest flys, pushups, and incline press. Boobs look a bit fuller since I have developed a bit of chest muscle.

Edit to say: I lift heavy (for me) When I was doing the high reps low weight nonsense, I saw absolutely no improvement over a 1 year period.
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Heavy (for you) is best. Try looking into New Rules of Lifting for Women (excellent with all the info you need). I have also heard that Strong lifts is good.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Also adding.. Mine increased during pregnancy. When they went back down I had a few stretch marks (faint) underneath but no loss of perkiness.
  • dixiewhiskey

I do chest flys, pushups, and incline press. Boobs look a bit fuller since I have developed a bit of chest muscle.

Edit to say: I lift heavy (for me) When I was doing the high reps low weight nonsense, I saw absolutely no improvement over a 1 year period.

Hmm.. I am doing my bench press and dumbbell flys heavy but hitting high rep (10-12) differently than I do squats/deadlifts (5 sets of 5 reps) and I've noticed a huge difference in my chest within 3 months. I think it's important for OP to just get started with something high rep and get used to do doing them vs starting off ridiculously heavy with poor form. Otherwise huge advocate of all things heavy.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member

Hmm.. I am doing my bench press and dumbbell flys heavy but hitting high rep (10-12) differently than I do squats/deadlifts (5 sets of 5 reps) and I've noticed a huge difference in my chest within 3 months. I think it's important for OP to just get started with something high rep and get used to do doing them vs starting off ridiculously heavy with poor form. Otherwise huge advocate of all things heavy.

I do similar, and would still count this as "heavy." Heavy being subjective of course, I'm weak as hell and only press 35lb dumbells. I started with 10s, and it was still heavy compared to what I was doing before.

When I talk about "high rep low weight nonsense" I mostly mean classes and such that will have you lift 5 pounds for the better part of an hour. I fell for it, did it consistently and didn't really get anything out of it except maybe some increased stamina. I mean, what can I expect from lifting something that weighs less than my purse ;-)
  • dearcrumpet
    dearcrumpet Posts: 14 Member
    If you lose the weight slowly and couple it with strengthening exercises and suggested by the other users, you shouldn't have too much of a problem with "the girls". Also, I think it would also depend on the amount of weight you want to lose overall. If it's not TOO much, your skin should bounce back.

Sadly for me, I'm 22 with 32D's that are anything but perky. I once lost over 30 pounds VERY quickly and my chest went from a DD (at the time) to a small C. Yeah....they deflated.

Keep up with the strength training and good luck!
  • dixiewhiskey

I do similar, and would still count this as "heavy." Heavy being subjective of course, I'm weak as hell and only press 35lb dumbells. I started with 10s, and it was still heavy compared to what I was doing before.

When I talk about "high rep low weight nonsense" I mostly mean classes and such that will have you lift 5 pounds for the better part of an hour. I fell for it, did it consistently and didn't really get anything out of it except maybe some increased stamina. I mean, what can I expect from lifting something that weighs less than my purse ;-)

AH! I gotcha.. definitely agree about that then
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    There are bras to give you the perky look, but no amount of spanx can hide 50 pounds.

That's my way of saying don't let the fear of Saggy McSaggerston get in the way of getting fit and healthy.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    I was a DD a year after my daughter was born, now I was just measured as a C. I don't think it's noticeable except to me and in certain positions. Maybe I'm fooling myself. ... but I look a whole lot better without the extra weight, and my curves are more noticeable in a good way. Everyone is different, but from my own experience and the few people I know who have lost 40-50-150 lbs, losing slowly won't make you saggy.
  • Thanks so much for the comments!