super strength training

Options
so i need to have surgery in like a month or so on my right wrist...

so how do those muscle builders and such do it.. dont they do like strength training twice or day and just eat a lot of protein?

im not worried about carido or any of that because ill do that in my three months of recovery...

right now im doing a workout where its weight training in the morning and cardio at night but id rather just do strength training for the next month and catch up with cardio when i have no other choice

anyone got any advice?

Replies

• dmclingerman
    Options
    Why not combine cardio and strength training into one workout? Do cardio in 10 minute segments, then do three "supersets" of weights (ie. back and chest, biceps and triceps, etc). That way you get a very good calorie burn and still build muscle. If you really want to build BIG muscles, then focus more on heavy weights and low reps. If you need surgery on your wrist, you may want to avoid freeweights and stick with machines or barbells where you have more support.

What is your current strength training routine/focus?

Make sure you work on your core. Planks, torso twists, decline crunches, etc.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Why not combine cardio and strength training into one workout? Do cardio in 10 minute segments, then do three "supersets" of weights (ie. back and chest, biceps and triceps, etc). That way you get a very good calorie burn and still build muscle. If you really want to build BIG muscles, then focus more on heavy weights and low reps. If you need surgery on your wrist, you may want to avoid freeweights and stick with machines or barbells where you have more support.

What is your current strength training routine/focus?

Make sure you work on your core. Planks, torso twists, decline crunches, etc.

currently its:

Monday
    AM: chest biceps at gym
    PM Hike

Tuesday
    AM: abs legs back from p90x
    PM: stretch X from p90x

Wed
    AM: back and triceps at gym
    PM: Bike at gym

Thursday
    AM: Abs chest back p90x
    PM: elliptical at gym

Friday
    AM: legs shoulders at gym
    PM": hike

Saturday
    AM: Abs shoulders arms p90x
    PM: yoga X p90x

Sunday
    REST

its pretty intense but im wondering if i can chaneg the cardio for more strength training?