Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If it fits your goals, obviously
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am such a night snacker! My breakfast's are typically low in calories, I'm not a big eater in the early morning and then I make it so my lunch, daytime snacks and dinners are well balanced. I try to keep my nighttime snacks on the healthier side, popcorn, 100 calorie packs, frozen greek yogurt popsicles, etc.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I had a burger and fries last night at 10:30 pm.

Basically I'm a heathen, but it hasn't effected my weight loss at all.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat dinner till 7:30/8, so no, generally I don't eat after. Usually I'll make tea. Only once in a while do I have a snack right before bed. Then again it was rare in my house growing up to eat after dinner besides the occasional cookie/ice cream (and i do mean occasional).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'll usually have a snack around 9 PM, and 3-4 times through the week it's ice cream. On Thursdays I can't even eat dinner until 9:30 or so, which is fast food (but better options than I used to go for). It really doesn't matter.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    After dinner is when I make my WORST eating decisions, so right now I do not want to eat after 7.30pm. It is my goal to go one week with no evening snacks actually! I am happy with this and it fits with my routine (unless my routine changes, then I'll change my plan). It is a lot easier for me to tell myself 'no more food after dinner' rather than 'oh just a little bit of this, and a little of that, and oh, there's ice cream?!'

I like my rules and structure, but if you have the self-control to only eat one sliver of cake, not the whole thing, then you don't have to live like me!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    I also read somewhere recently that it's a good idea to have a high-protein snack before bed if you are lifting weights (which I am and everyone else should because lifting weights is rad) because as your body is sleeping it repairs itself.

I don't lift weights.

But this advice seems silly to me - your body repairs itself on an ongoing basis, whether you are awake or asleep.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat at night.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Not usually anything after dinner.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hell yes I eat at night!
    I usually save my calories burned from daily exercise to have some great snacks at night. If I've done a lot of moving throughout the day I can have some ice cream or chips, if not, I might just have some fruit or something. But I need a snack at night, every night.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    It is 9PM and I am about to go get some Angel Food Cake and Ice Cream... *flex*
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Usually nothing after supper, but occasionally I'll have a glass of wine and some almonds or other nuts. I'm not into eating ice cream or heavy things; that makes me get heart burn.
  • BrownEyedBetty
    BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't get off work till 11pm and I always have a light snack around that time (i.e. oatmeal, fruit, popcorn, almonds, etc.)
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If I'm working out a lot (running over 30 miles/wk and boot camp classes) I get hungry around 9-10 each night. I might eat a bowl of cereal or an english muffin with pb. Nothing too crazy. It had no effect on weight either way!

I normally finish eating around 7:30-8. I hate going to bed really full. But it sounds like you're just used to eating at that time of day whether you're hungry or not?
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I snack after dinner, but I don't have any carbs. Usually just grab some left over chicken, or maybe some broccoli or something like that.

Where do you find carb-free broccoli?

Huh. Learned something. Apparently, there are 6 grams of carbs in a cup of the stuff. Who knew?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yes. I eat at night. If I didn't I would starve at work. I work night shift, so your night is my day. Midnight starts tomorrow, so I plan my calories around midnight to midnight...not some imaginary time when you "shouldn't eat"...I'm not sure, does a burger have more calories in it after the sun sets? Why the arbitrary restriction to stop stuffing your face when the sun sets?

Me too. Eat 5PM -5PM.. this has worked great for me,.i like it because if we go for dinner or a party, etc. then I am starting my calories for the day.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I do eat at night. Sometimes I find my stomach feeling "heavy" in the morning, if that makes sense. I'll wake up and still feel full from the night before. I like it though, since I'm usually too busy to make breakfast before work, and that fullness can get me through til my first snack of the day.

I see no problem with it, though. If it fits in my macros and I'm hungry, I'm gonna do it.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm typing this with a spoon in my Talenti pint. The time is 11pm. I will promptly go to bed after eating my half a pint of said gelato. Yes, I eat up to 1k calories before bed. Sometimes, after midnight. Still not a gremlin.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ^ This. I eat about 2k cals before bed.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I eat rice cakes, orange juice and ice cream! Let me know if you want some!