I haven't pooped in 4 days!!!

Options

Replies

• StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Well... I seem to need to go everytime I go to Costco. So maybe you could try that.:blushing: LOL
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    u need more fiber in your diet then. Eggs, beans, whole wheat, etc....
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    This is actually my "normal" unfortunately and I am going to a gastro dr in 2 weeks for help. I have tried everything- and I mean everything... I eat clean, exercise 4 to 5 times per week, eat oatmeal daily, drink coffee, take benefiber, eat prunes, etc etc... and I usually resort to taking a vegetable laxative. It stinks- no pun intended. I used to have the opposite problem after I had my gallbladder removed 8 years ago. What's a girl gotta do to poop regularly. Geez- I'm cursed in this area. I hope no one else suffers like this bc it sucks.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Well... I seem to need to go everytime I go to Costco. So maybe you could try that.:blushing: LOL

OMG! Walking around Wal-Mart works for me too! LOL
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    u need more fiber in your diet then. Eggs, beans, whole wheat, etc....

There's no fiber in eggs. They are mostly protein and fat.

High fiber would be fruits, veggies, whole grains, and beans.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow! I thought I was the only one with this problem! Usually a store like Marshalls or TJ Maxx do it for me! I hate it!

OMG! Walking around Wal-Mart works for me too! LOL
  • tSunshineLove
    Options
    I second the apple juice suggestion. I heated some up one night with spices and it was so good I drank two tall glasses. I hadn't BEEN constipated, but I was pooping till morning.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I second the apple juice suggestion. I heated some up one night with spices and it was so good I drank two tall glasses. I hadn't BEEN constipated, but I was pooping till morning.

Well folks! I pooped! But I'm still having issues. I'll have to try some suggestions. Thanks everyone.

Oh, 320 calories, 36 carbs, 18g's of fat and 8 grams of protein. Gods damned you candy!

Yummy! Mead Mulling spices with apple juice!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    This is actually my "normal" unfortunately and I am going to a gastro dr in 2 weeks for help. I have tried everything- and I mean everything... I eat clean, exercise 4 to 5 times per week, eat oatmeal daily, drink coffee, take benefiber, eat prunes, etc etc... and I usually resort to taking a vegetable laxative. It stinks- no pun intended. I used to have the opposite problem after I had my gallbladder removed 8 years ago. What's a girl gotta do to poop regularly. Geez- I'm cursed in this area. I hope no one else suffers like this bc it sucks.

I did - my whole lifetime and it kept getting worse and worse and worse. In 2005 I finally had to have my colon removed after finding out that it didnt moved or contract like it should. So it was becoming dilated... and it was not a good thing. Now after surgery, I go about every 4 days and it previously was about every 10 days (and once 21 days).

Since no one mentioned it, I would advise miralax (an over the counter medication that you mix with water/liquid). You can take it more than once a day, and you can stop it if you get too loose. You should also see a gastro, and get a colonscopy if you have never had one.

Good luck!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    FYI? It really isn't good not to go every day. Take it from someone that has IBS. Unfortunately I also got colon cancer at 42 and I think my bowel problems. I would say a stool softner and plenty of water. Lots of fiber too if you are usually like this. Protein tends to bind. Cheese also. Good luck and hope something works.

Yes, although the topic is humorous it is a serious situation. My grandmother died of colon cancer. I drink "Super Dieter's Tea" a couple times a week to help keep me regular.

I have some of that tea in my cupboard, haven't tried it yet...now I know what to expect, I guess. :laugh:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I tried this reflexology and I'm already feeling movements! Maybe I should not have done that at 10AM at the office. :-/

Oh well, it appears to be working!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I tried this reflexology and I'm already feeling movements! Maybe I should not have done that at 10AM at the office. :-/
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jessanova
    Options
    Hahaha! I recommend Senna laxatives. They're going to give that gentle push instead of forcing you in a ****-storm of sweat. (No pun intended)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Enemas always work for me. Fleet will have you cleared out and you'll only have to invest 20 - 45 minutes of your time. Once you're done with the enema, you're done. No lingering effects like with a laxative.

Good luck!

Charmagne
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Reflexology! Works like a charm. Trust me, it's always helped with my kids. :)

What do i do?
    You can google a reflexology map of the foot. Find the point, usually the middle arch of the foot and rub that spot. You don't have to pin point the area just inch your thumb in a clockwise manner in that area. If you find a point that "hurts" to press on then you've found your problem area, or blockage. Work on that spot. You can repeat as often as you want. This will work. I use it on my kids all the time and the baby sometimes poops right away. Message me if you need more help.

bump
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oranges & coffee - FOR SURE!
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bar will work magic!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I brefly reviewed your diary and I can tell that you have not logged any vegetables, fruits, or healthy fiber in a long time. Your diet is mostly fast and processed food, all the time. That is the reason of your problems!!!!

And if you have been eating fruits and vegetables, then you forgot to log them.

Your body is telling you: " If you don't feed me well, I will keep all this junk inside and you will not POOP!!:angry:

You can take a laxative right now but if you continue eating that way you will not poop normaly EVER! In addition, you colon will suffer, as much as your diet.

We are here to support each other but also to be honest. You can control your calories all you want, and probably loose weight in the process, but eating healthy is as much or more important that shedding pounds. If we eat healthy, the lbs will eventually come off and our bodies will be greateful for it.

Get some prunes and prune juice and drinks lots of water.
  • neverheavyagainconnie
    Options
    Eat oatmeal and apples or pears
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    Laxative teas are gentle help, but I really think you need to make sure you eat lots of fiber. I eat an average of 35 grams of fiber a day- (and to quote Liz Lemon for any 30 Rock fans out there) I'm BMing like a rock star.