need some excercise suggestions

Options
trying to figure out something to do for excercise. I wanna start p90x but i won't finish before i leave for a year and wanna wait till i get settled to where i'm going. I just don't feel good sitting around not doing any thing. I don't wanna spend any money either. It's cold and i hate being out in the cold. I've thought about doing my wii fit plus hmmm. I'm thinking i'm in a slump and need some motivation.

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Options
    I have an elliptical machine at home which is amazing- but in order to switch it up I use exercise videos.
    If you have Netflix, there are a lot of exercise videos on the instant view. If you don't have Netflix, it may be a good investment just for that reason. It's only $8 a month for the unlimited instant viewing, which is way cheaper than paying to go to classes all the time, and you can do it all at home! It gives me an opportunity to try out different workouts easily.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Do the wii fit. It's better than nothing! Also, do you have cable? We have exercise on demand tv that has lots of different exercise classes without commercials. I'll do a different ab routine from there every day-keeps things interesting. You'll feel better once you do something and my motivation is it's more calories to eat!
  • carrieann8080
    Options
    I agree, NETFLIX is great!! There is a lot of variety so if I get bored I try something new....even if I feel like somewhat of an idiot dancing around in my living room! It is still exercise right?!
  • Schuky01
    Schuky01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the NETFLIX suggestion! I will have to check that out!
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Grab a deck of cards...

Diamonds - Jumping Jacks for number on card
    Spades - Mountain Climber
    Clubs - Jogging on Spot
    Hearts - Crunches

Just change them to something that you'd like to do.
  • LadyD7
    Options
    If you have Time Warner Cable or direct tv: they have exercise channel on demand!!
  • Blessed2BeeAlive
    Blessed2BeeAlive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Walking is great exercise, however if you want results: I'd go with the Rebounder, as it works gives you awesome results & also look into T-TAPP. Also while doing these exercises you can watch it on You-Tube so you do not feel like you are all alone in this. I hope you find this an encouragement & a help.
  • benbidder
    Options
    There are some great exercises on the Nike website as well. I have an app for it on my itouch and can take it with me, but they have some great options for 30-45 minute exercises. :)
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion would be to purchase the Women's Health Big Book of Exercises. I've got the Men's Health version and it's great. Hundreds of exercises that you can do with dumbbells or body weight, exercise programs, diet tips and suggestions, stretches and more. My girlfriend and I use it a lot. I would highly recommend it!