ALWAYS TIRED!

Options
2»

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I never felt well-rested, and the more I slept, the more tired I felt. I'd often wake up with headaches, especially if I slept for a long time.

Then I had a sleep study and found out that I have sleep apnea. I used a CPAP for 4 hours during the sleep study and woke up feeling better than I'd ever felt in my life. It was truly a miraculous transformation for me.

Despite losing 100 pounds and maintaining for several years, I still have sleep apnea and sleep with my CPAP every night. It has been life changing for me.

I'd highly recommend that you talk to your primary care provider and request a work-up for your fatigue: blood counts, thyroid, glucose, and a sleep study.

Life is so much easier and more fun when you're not exhausted all the time.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Get your thyroid checked.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things that could cause that: iron deficiency, thyroid acting up, hormones...

I would go see an endocrinologist. Mine checks those sorts of things....
  • Lola7791
    Lola7791 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a multi vitamin and a big dose of vitamin D.
  • Lola7791
    Options
    I have not been eating right! I don't exercise on a regular basis. I need to get my water intake up. I don't have ins so I have to try the easy things first and go from there. How many calories should I aim for? Some days I eat 1200 and some 2500.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'd say in the last 10 years (when I became pregant with my first) I have woken up feeling refreshed less than a handful of times.

I used to be the Queen of relaxation and sleeping, but now TIRED a LOT! :yawn:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Got blood work done, found my vitamin D3 was low, doctor suggested I take 2,000 Iu's of vitamin D3 daily. Talked to a few other doctors and they said it's a common problem, that they think they have never seen someone with the right D3 levels.
  • Lola7791
    Options
    I'm taking 5000 a day of vitamin D.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have not been eating right! I don't exercise on a regular basis. I need to get my water intake up. I don't have ins so I have to try the easy things first and go from there. How many calories should I aim for? Some days I eat 1200 and some 2500.

Set MFP to lose 1.5 pounds per week. Make sure you choose the appropriate activity level for your daily life. How much does it tell you to eat? Remember, when you exercise, you eat more for that.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a multi vitamin and a big dose of vitamin D.

EDoTiDD.gif

Ha! Glad I wasn't the only one giggling at this.
  • Lola7791
    Options
    Lol!! Glad I could make you guys laugh
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump