My friends eat bad but I don't want to

Options
I'm trying to loose weight but over the weekends when I'm with my friends, they eat bad and I cave in and eat bad myself. How do I stop myself from doing this?

Replies

• sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I either A. Plan around eating bad and eat less during the week, making sure I get a good run in before going out with friends OR limit what you have. Share an appetizer, get light beer, etc. or better yet, do both! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    willpower..

or plan for it and eat less for breakfast and lunch ..

it really comes down to you and how important your weight loss is to you ..no one else can help with you with that...
  • misslovely97
    misslovely97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... I've been thinking long and hard on this

My issue is that my friends all eat very bad, but they are stick skinny!! No fair. :P

I can't be like "Oh, guys, I can't eat that, I have to have this salad here..." lol

So, i've resolved to eating what they eat as long as I don't overeat and as long as I eat healthy for the rest of the day :)

20296778.png
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    You could also plan ahead by bringing something with you, or looking up the menu ahead of time when you're going out. Make it something delicious and appetizing, but healthy. Offer to swap a bit of yours for a bit of theirs and you won't feel deprived.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    willpower..

it really comes down to you and how important your weight loss is to you ..no one else can help with you with that...

This.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    willpower..

This.

And stop labeling foods good and bad.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    willpower..

This.

All of this. I eat less during the week so I have calories to splurge with on the weekends. I also like to get an appetizer and split it with the table so I still eat a mozzarella stick or a potato wedge without eating the entire plate before my meal. I always look ahead on their website and have 2 or 3 choices pre-picked out so I know exactly what to order before I get there. Ultimately, it comes down to you. Your friends can eat whatever they want, you need to be able to stick to your plans if losing weight is really important to you.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    willpower..

This.

All of this. I eat less during the week so I have calories to splurge with on the weekends. I also like to get an appetizer and split it with the table so I still eat a mozzarella stick or a potato wedge without eating the entire plate before my meal. I always look ahead on their website and have 2 or 3 choices pre-picked out so I know exactly what to order before I get there. Ultimately, it comes down to you. Your friends can eat whatever they want, you need to be able to stick to your plans if losing weight is really important to you.

I would just like to add your username is fab.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    willpower..

This.

I would just like to add your username is fab.

+ 2
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Try to save calories from the week.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as eating "bad". There are only bad quantities.

You can realistically eat anything (in moderation) provided your diet is balanced with macro and micronutrients.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

You can realistically eat anything (in moderation) provided your diet is balanced with macro and micronutrients.

I agree with this. Moderation is key. Also, if need be, plan ahead. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose weight but over the weekends when I'm with my friends, they eat bad and I cave in and eat bad myself. How do I stop myself from doing this?

will power

use portion control so you fit whatever 'bad' stuff into your day, and then say no. simple!
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Moderation is key. Also, if need be, plan ahead. :)

Totally Agree.

You could try what they call they 80-20 diet or whatever; meaning you behave yourself 5 days a week and you allow yourself some treats the other 2 days.

I think willpower is important as they pointed out; but I also think having a good time with your friends it is :) so go ahead and eat what they eat if you really enjoy it as you will satisfy cravings, just try step by step to eat a bit less of that every time you go out with them instead of stuffing yourself (Like I would haha). And compensate afterwards. What I mean is like when I go out with friends and know I will eat more than I should I compensate it by doing extra exercise, or extra walking, I loose those calories I ate, or at least half of them. Then it is not too bad.

Be good the rest of the days :)

And don't quit :flowerforyou: