Anybody else who creates their diary in advance?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm actually planning my meals 3-4 days in advance. I'm very unlikely to overeat or eat anything if it's not logged in my diary and this has really helped me stay on track. Also gives me a rough idea of how much I'll have spare at the end of the week (calorie-wise) and if I can fit in a nice treat or a meal out.

When I posted this topic, I was pre-logging exercise calories but now I just do it as I go.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I do, more often than I should though to be honest. I use it to weigh out nutrition, check sodium level, etc. Once its in, I hold myself accountable to follow it. Some days it totally sucks. However other days, I can put myself on auto pilot and follow what I planned the night before. It does make things easier.
  • Veggie_Ankers
    Options
    I fill it in every morning for the day so I know where I'm at for the day. I don't actually click complete until after dinner just in case I change my mind on things like what veg I want for dinner etc. But to be honest it doesn't change much from the morning. Unless I go to cook some veg and realize there isn't any left because the hubby ate it for lunch :noway: :laugh:
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I fill it in every morning for the day so I know where I'm at for the day. I don't actually click complete until after dinner just in case I change my mind on things like what veg I want for dinner etc. But to be honest it doesn't change much from the morning. Unless I go to cook some veg and realize there isn't any left because the hubby ate it for lunch :noway: :laugh:

I do the same thing if I know what I'm making for dinner, but I don't click complete until it's almost time for bed. I add in excercise after I do it, unless whatever app I use does it for me. I tried adding it in beforehand, but I would get lazy and think "oh I'll make it up tomorrow if I skip tonight" so I stopped doing that and it keeps me honest.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I always log for the day the night before, or first thing in the morning. When I pre-log ingredients for meals that can require more prep work, like dinner, etc., it's like following a recipe when it comes time to start cooking (10g unsalted butter, 250g broccoli, etc.) that makes it easy to know exactly what I'm going to use in the meal.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I plan my whole week on a Sunday & log all of my meals for the coming week. They might change a bit, but generally I stick to it. It also helps me to plan ahead if I'm eating out at all & helps to get me organized for grocery shopping.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Did this on the last leg of effort to get what I want and am now trying to pre-plan some of my daily food intake to see if I can jiggle things around so it's easier to get in my calories (some exercise makes me hungry and lots of it torpedoes my appetite). Based on yesterday, I think I may be starting to win that battle.
  • Tinker_Aria
    Options
    I do !

I think it's a great way to keep the control on my "diet". If I know what I will eat, I don' have to search in cupboard and face "wrong food".

I also try to register my exercise, as I know my daily routine, as I'm on Turbofire. Then I adjust If need my cals from workout.

This way works well for me !

xoxo