Dumbbells

Options
2»

Replies

• heckofagator
    Options
    The Iron Master and Powerblock adj dumbbells are highly recommended over at bb.com. I have the Ironmasters. Most if not all will recommend to stay away from the Bowflex and similars.
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love dumbells. and I would just say don't waste your time with these lame 2 lb weights that women use. I use 10,15 lb weights atleast. its never made me "bulky" like women are scared of. I love using them bc I can sit on the couch watching tv after a long day and lift weights while I do it.

That is a great idea. I was actually given 2lb weights a week ago. It's somewhere to start I guess lol.
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

@blazergrad thanks for the info. I'm such a rookie at this and feel dumb as ever to ask this but what do you mean by finding my form?

Everyone started out at one time or another and had to learn the ins and outs, so don't feel dumb asking questons! :)

I simply mean using proper form to do the exercises. Slow, controlled motions... keeping your joints and spine lined up correctly in order to avoid injury. You can google "exercise proper form" and find numerous articles, but here's one for example:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/likness25.htm