Need a few new friends

Options
I am a stay at home mom .. I quit my job in November and have been a stay at home mom since then.
I was doing good with losing my baby weight but the last couple months I MUNCH all day long and I have been eating the "kid friendly" foods too often.. You know mac and cheese, fish sticks.... Etc

I have 2 kids 9 months and 5 years.

So I am looking for other Stay at Home moms who might have ideas for "healthy kid friendly" foods. I know I can make the kids eat what i eat.. BUT my 5 year old refuses ALOT of foods and she is on the low end of her weight as is so I can't really "starve" her all the time and tell her to eat what I make...

So I would love to add more SAHM friends on here. Feel free to add me if you too are a SAHM.

Replies

• rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Already your friend :) Do they like celery and peanut butter? or apples and pb? my kiddos will munch on carrots and cucumbers too. trail mix....
  • eastcoaster25
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been on a journey to health, and this site is amazing and with the right friends it's very supportive!
  • krispinator
    krispinator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! We are already friends on here, but after reading this I can tell I need to keep in better contact with you because I struggle as well. As far as the food, I am an extremely picky eater and son is as well (he's 21 months). He likes fish sticks, hot dogs...well he likes more than that, but that's all he's currently eating at the moment lol. He changes what he likes every week. He loves oatmeal, as well as me, so I usually eat the last 2 bites. When he likes things I'm currently eating, then I totally cave and eat part of his too lol. How horrible is that?! Geez, I didn't realize how bad it sounded until I read it back to myself!

I'm struggle with depression/anxiety (mental health stuff in general) and I isolate MAJORLY because of it. I literally have 0 friends I can call or see in person. The only friends I have the ones on facebook. I really miss social interaction. My family is a one car family so I never take my son to the mall, park, library, etc. because I never have the car during the day. We take him to the lake on the weekends sometimes, but won't be starting next month because it will be too hot (I live in tx...and I'm extremely fair skinned).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I'm struggling with being a stay-at-home mom as well. Let's keep in contact. We could both use the support. :-)
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Already your friend too. I stay home too and Faith is only 6 months so I know I will need some healthy food ideas soon too! Right now I snack on Fruit cups, fruit strips, baby carrots, chips and salsa, apples and peanut butter, bananas and peanut butter smoothies. I think those are pretty kid friendly.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Nope Baby is too young for Celery and PB and daughter will eat the PB but not the celery, Ive tried that one LOL
  • Kara52217
    Options
    Hey girl! We are already friends on here, but after reading this I can tell I need to keep in better contact with you because I struggle as well. As far as the food, I am an extremely picky eater and son is as well (he's 21 months). He likes fish sticks, hot dogs...well he likes more than that, but that's all he's currently eating at the moment lol. He changes what he likes every week. He loves oatmeal, as well as me, so I usually eat the last 2 bites. When he likes things I'm currently eating, then I totally cave and eat part of his too lol. How horrible is that?! Geez, I didn't realize how bad it sounded until I read it back to myself!

I'm struggle with depression/anxiety (mental health stuff in general) and I isolate MAJORLY because of it. I literally have 0 friends I can call or see in person. The only friends I have the ones on facebook. I really miss social interaction. My family is a one car family so I never take my son to the mall, park, library, etc. because I never have the car during the day. We take him to the lake on the weekends sometimes, but won't be starting next month because it will be too hot (I live in tx...and I'm extremely fair skinned).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I'm struggling with being a stay-at-home mom as well. Let's keep in contact. We could both use the support. :-)

I'm glad to know I am not the only one :)
  • Kara52217
    Options
    Already your friend too. I stay home too and Faith is only 6 months so I know I will need some healthy food ideas soon too! Right now I snack on Fruit cups, fruit strips, baby carrots, chips and salsa, apples and peanut butter, bananas and peanut butter smoothies. I think those are pretty kid friendly.

PB smoothie ???