What going on??

Options
Ive been doing exactly what ive done from the start and yet im putting weight on instead of losing?? Had i somehow tricked the scales to say i weighed less than i really did?? I got to 202lb and now its jumped to 204lb...... Ive have also had an awful stomach bug (both ends) and barely ate for 2 days, ate full cals yesterday but the pains started again so was advised by pharmacist to try not eating for 24hrs to get the bug gone. Why have I put weight on when ive really on drank water and eaten 2000 cals in 4 days? I feel lost :( I was buzzing last week, exercising daily, felt great and now ive lost it and just want to sit and eat - All because of a tummy bug (and poss not getting the job i just applied for) Ive even started thinking about smoking again (been quit 3 months) Any support put there? Can i get my mind back to where it was? Xxx

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    The body weight will fluctuate - stress, hormones, time of the month, sodium, etc. The weight 'gain' in the past couple of days cannot possibly be 'fat'.

With that being said - your ticker shows you have lost 29 pounds. How long was that process, and how long since your weight stalled? When you say you've being doing the same things all along, it might be time for a change. (Ironically your few days down can help out since its broken your routine.) Find a new cardio, or try to turn up the intensity. Reassess your nutrition goals.
  • sebruce92
    Options
    Congrats on losing 29lbs!

i'm not expert on stomach bugs vs weight loss, but I'm just going my experience of losing weight.

Ignore the number on the scale during your stomach bug. Your body is obviously ill therefore losing fat will be the last thing it will want to do while your ill. Be sure to eat fruit and veg to get your vitamins and drink water and get better soon!

As for your weight, When i lost 22lb i stayed the same weight for about a month. Some days it went up, some days it went down - it generally stayed around the same number. Then a good thing (called the internet) taught me that my weight may have plataeud. This made sense as i was doing the same exercise/diet to lose the initial 22lbs and this combination just wasn't working anymore. I then found out that because i'd lost 22lb, and weighed less, i wasn't burning as many calories, so had to switch up my exercises, lower my calorie count (just a little!) and see where that got me. They key is "Ive been doing exactly what ive done from the start" is sort of your problem, keep going but push yourself harder (once you're better!)

Don't give up, don't sit eat/smoke - you've worked SO hard and got really far, don't let something like this affect your lifestyle as it's only a temporary bug and will go away.

Good luck! x
  • winbig1982
    winbig1982 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The weight loss has been since New Yearish (took a few weeks to get into it 100%) You may be right, I did notice a couple of weeks ago that I dont struggle as much biking or power walking anymore, maybe its time to find something else (its just hard with a two year as I have to exercise at home or with her in her buggy)
    Thank you for your kind words, I guess im just feeling a little down at the moment xxx
  • sebruce92
    Options
    The weight loss has been since New Yearish (took a few weeks to get into it 100%) You may be right, I did notice a couple of weeks ago that I dont struggle as much biking or power walking anymore, maybe its time to find something else (its just hard with a two year as I have to exercise at home or with her in her buggy)
    Thank you for your kind words, I guess im just feeling a little down at the moment xxx

There you go! If you're not feeling the strain as much as you did in the beginning, then you won't be losing like you did in the beginning.

Keep positive, stay motivated and the results will come before you know it. For the mean time, enjoy waking up and feeling healthier rather than knowing you ate badly the day before, that helps me get out of bed in the morning :)

x
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Keep on moving and eating right and it'll work its way off. Take a look at this FB page, very motivational - she did it all at home with her baby around: https://www.facebook.com/BikiniBodyMommy?ref=profile
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    The body weight will fluctuate - stress, hormones, time of the month, sodium, etc. The weight 'gain' in the past couple of days cannot possibly be 'fat'.

With that being said - your ticker shows you have lost 29 pounds. How long was that process, and how long since your weight stalled? When you say you've being doing the same things all along, it might be time for a change. (Ironically your few days down can help out since its broken your routine.) Find a new cardio, or try to turn up the intensity. Reassess your nutrition goals.

This!! Don't stress over something that you can't control right this moment. Get over the stomach bug then drink lots of water and get back to it. Those 2 pounds will go away before you know it!!
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    A quote to live by, "weight loss is slow, don't make it slower by quitting"