Herniated disc question

Options
Hi guys I recently got my first dose of steroid shot in my back and I feel much better. I was wondering if anyone had one or two doses and is/or had any issues with it for instance weight gain or lost or just anything in general that might interfere with my journey to lose the weight.If there was any can you share how you dealt with such issue/s.thanks

Replies

• ghostpants
    ghostpants Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been there. Steroids, oral or injections, slow your metabolism a little bit. So it's important to pay close attention to your caloric restriction and up your exercise slightly to compensate.
  • skygirll
    skygirll Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    not sure if this reply helps, but I've never noticed a weight difference due to steroid shots in my back.
  • runitskat
    runitskat Posts: 30
    Options
    I had a few rounds of steroid injections and I gained a lot of weight during that time. I'm not sure if it was directly related to the steroids or the fact that I couldn't move that much. Besides the weight gain I also had a bunch of other side effects that caused me to tell my doctor to never give me steroids again. I had an RFA that finally worked so I was able to exercise again.
  • KMclymont
    KMclymont Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks guys....I'm able to work out now so I'll be very careful with my intake.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has three herniated discs - one had to be surgically removed and for the other two, he just started steroid shots.

He works out regularly (after he healed from surgery, of course) and eats clean and has not had any issues with gaining weight.

As long as you're on course with your diet, you should not have a problem.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I had two herniated discs and I could barely walk, forget working out. I do not remember if I gained weight due to inactivity. I didn't get the shots, I had surgery: instant relief except for the extreme pain from the incision site.