Cubicle Hell

Options

Replies

• osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Not gonna lie, I'd be driven nuts if I were him too. I doubt I'd be aggressive like that about it, but I certainly get annoyed when co-workers eat particularly nasty smelling food in the workplace.

I save my smelly fish and veggies for my home meals (for the record I love eating these things, but the smell is certainly offensive when it's not your meal).

Agreed. There are two kinds of fish acceptable to eat in the workplace: Pepperidge Farms Goldfish and Swedish Fish.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    cube hell...but my cube isn't near the windows...or the center of the room... i stare into a corner.. even when the light comes into the windows, it doesn't reach my corner... it's light even the sun is afraid of going in there. :noway:
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wave*

My supervisor is on the phone as I type. I have two co-workers chattering behind me non-stop in a language I do not understand.

Yes, it is cubicle hell.

Ugh, I have a woman to the right of me can't decide on which language she wants to use for her personal calls. About every 5 words is English then back to Bosnian.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Got my own office. I don't play well with others. When I shut the door, everyone knows to leave me alone. If they have a question, they wait until I open the door.

By the way, my door is shut right now.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My department is 5 desks sitting together in a room. I wish I had a cubicle so it would be easier to ignore my coworkers and play on the internet :drinker:
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Not anymore... I work from my dining room now.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    2014officespace4.gif

THIS!! So much THIS.
  • PennyLane379
    PennyLane379 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me!!

cubicle.jpg

sobbing-cubicle-warning-sign-workplace-ecards-someecards.png

Hilarious! I, too, am in cubicle Walmart (aka, Hell).
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I don't technically have a cubicle. But I work completely alone in a room that is temp. controlled because of the artifacts (I work at a museum). So I'm cold all the time. And there are no windows anywhere.

Similar. I work in a climate controlled lab with engineers and scientists. It's always so freaking cold in here! We live in cubicle world but our lab is separated from the other inmates by glass walls/doors (since we have to remain climate controlled). Luckily my 5 cell mates are awesome.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    2014officespace4.gif

THIS!! So much THIS.

+1,000
  • Rskaer
    Rskaer Posts: 14
    Options
    Normally i am in cubicle hell, but for the last 5 weeks i have been in a special kind of pergutory......a training room, in the center of the building, no windows. right now the "trainer" is teaching me and 8 other associates a job i have been doing for a year as of June 1st. Have to love health care reform....the bright side when i get out of the training room i will be kissing my cubicle hell good bye and working from home
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I do.

I drive 1.25 hours to work; sit in a cubicle in front of my computer under florescent lights with no windows, sunlight or fresh air from 8am to 5pm; then make the 1.25 hour drive home... Sighhhh I live for the weekend.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    *raises hands* also in cubicle Hell over this way....
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A cubicle would allow for a little more privacy over the fish bowl we work in. A glassed in office with three other people does allow for conversation but no privacy so those "workout at your desk" ideas are useless.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm in hell as we "speak" but my hell is always freeeeeeeeeezing.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ugh haha I'm set up in a cubicle very open to the rest of the room, so I always have people walking around behind and next to me. It's incredibly distracting and nerve wracking.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Most days I work from my home office, which is awesome, of course (other than my son thinking I'm a "stay at home mom" and that I'm at his beck and call--that sucks).

One day a week I go into an office where we are in "open space"--we all used to have offices but they took them away to promote collaboration. It's not actually so bad because we've learned to live with it and we're all in the same boat.

One other day a week I go to another facility where I have a cubicle in the midst of many offices--this sucks because, although the people in the offices *could* hold meetings and telecons with their doors closed, they do not. In fact, I was just about to go into full rage mode about 20 minutes ago for this very reason.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRseIETqxILB8sKJfQECDQ86-jVU_EdUyRvcvx2QqgUzwwMgAdg

Ahhhhh, all my childhood dreams have been realized.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Here, they aren't even called cubicles.

Just "cubes".

As in, "Get back in your cube!"
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I used to when I worked in the call center industry. One day a friend I worked with sent me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BEg3YWZTCY