Cubicle Hell

Options

Replies

• k8briseno
    k8briseno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Why must we freeze all year round? In the winter, it is often 60 degrees (yes I track the temp daily) in the mornings when I get to work in my own cubicle. I think they turn the heat/ air off at 4pm every day. During the summer, I run my tiny heater all day, everyday. I believe hell is actually cold, because this place is awful. How do you get one of those work from home jobs? I really want one.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    cubicle.jpg

I work with this guy. No joke. Same hair, same glasses, same sketchy mannerisms... All he's missing is the Swingline. Perhaps this Halloween I'll make it happen.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    How about that one chick trimming her nails behind me? .... shudder.

Multiple people do it in my office and it drive me nuts!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I used to be in a cublice. Now I'm in a small office in the basement - it's cold and there are no windows anywhere. It was really dark too so we had 6 lamps in it but I got the overhead lighting replaced so it's a little better now.

I was sharing it with two other people - one who is great, and one who would chew really loudly, burp frequently and let his garbage overflow - but he got moved :) So now there is just two of us. I miss daylight, and not having any idea what the weather is doing before I go outside, but at least being in the basement away from all the executives we can be a little more relaxed.
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    cubicles--9712.jpg
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    279b27b0a55749ea1554775453c31b4eb5ecef85ef9964a501884f4d1682dd30.jpg
  • lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yep... Stuck in a cubical hell surrounded with pictures of yummy foods because, well, that's what I do for a living...

1529060.png
    Ditto!
  • jennycjenny
    jennycjenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My own personal cubicle hell, complete with the endless buzzing from the flickering fluorescent lights, layers of dust that fall every night from our out-dated air system, and a fantastic location right by the elevators where people like to congregate and chit chat loudly. Oh and endless overheard conversations about child birth and other stuff I'd rather not think about. Thank goodness for spotify.

Love my job though- just taking a quick minute to whine a bit, haha.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Only fun about cubicles is when we have an in-office wars.

Rubber hand wars are common place.

Best things is sneaking around the cubicles and scaring the crap out co-worker.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No cubicle for me. I am on the move from the moment I get to work until the moment I leave. I never sit down.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm in a cubicle. It's pretty private since it's at the back of the building. I only have one person next to me, so if I want to check MFP four times a day (I would never ever ever do that being that I'm so productive at work), I can.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Not me! I'm a manager at Wal-Mart!
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used too. It does suck the life out of all who dwell there. So I quit. No more bosses for this clever primate! Although there is fun to be had in the cube farm..."Office Space" FTW! :smile:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Stuck in mine right now.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love my cube, tucked in the corner of the research lab. I am dreading the move to the new building with the "collaboration friendly" office layout designed by extroverts who scare the crap out of us introverted, nerdy science people. Note: not all nerdy science people are introverts, just most of the people I work with.
  • AMM160981
    AMM160981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    cubicle hell in a small room with 10 other WOMEN and 1 dude who may as well be a woman with how emotional he is. It is petty and dramatic and just terrible. My desk faces the wall and I have a coworker to my left and one to my right...both are obnoxious/poor mannered especially when it comes to eating. There are NO windows, the dust and chemical smell from the first floor fills our vents, and the other side of my wall is the bathroom.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like my cubicle.

9JXN36O.gif

2014officespace4.gif

Totally relate to this ^^^
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm in a cubical as well, not really a bad thing for me I sit back in my chair half asleep and when a boss comes around try and act productive...

most the time I'm not successful and they end up asking me what movie I'm watching...
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My organization just redid all the cubicle spaces. We now have half wall cubes they like to call "open team enviornment"....where you sit and face your coworker ..who won't shut up and thinks he knows it all....about to build my own wall BACK!!
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yep...workstation...cubicle...its all the same. But at least I have a window to my left and workstations to my right lol