Runners - I have a sneaker question...

Options
Do you ever buy more than one pair of the same running shoe? I just used a new pair on my run today and they fit heavenly. I do not even have slippers this comfy. The support... the traction... oh my! So... it would be dumb for me to buy five more pair, right?

Replies

• Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I love my current running shoes and would like to buy another pair for everyday use!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Do it.

I just found the ones I wear on sale for 50% off so I bought both pair they had in stock.
  • ebilwabbit
    Options
    If the running shoe works for you, (good support, corrects any ankle wobble pronation/supination issues, protects you feet from the surface you run on (street, rubber track, rocky trails, etc), and the tread doesn't wear down too quickly, then you've found the perfect shoe. Most running shoes should last 300+ miles, or the tread/upper isn't up to your gait and strike pattern. My husband wears through most running shoes at the heel in around 150 miles, but the ones that build up the heel better last ~500; a pretty huge difference in lifetime costs! I wear through most women's running shoes at about the same rate, at around 300 miles, tearing the upper rather than wearing through the tread. Each of us varies, and it takes a while to hone in on the best shoe for you. Once you find it, it's like bad romance-level love. ;)

The styles of most running shoes change every year (women's styles quickly go out of production, sometimes every 6 months). If it's not a model that's been carried for years and years unchanged, then buy several for backups when the current pair eventually wears through.

Use the pair that's worn out and longer ideal for running as your everyday sneaker (still comfy as heck, but not so great for high impact use). That's what we do in our house! :)
  • Deb_622
    Deb_622 Posts: 694
    Options
    I usually have two pairs so I can alternate when I run on consecutive days - especially if it is during the warmer times of year...gives the shoes time to air out and its healthier for your feet...

If you found running shoes that are comfortable and work well for you - buy more!! Go...now...skip work...do it!!!
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    ~squeal!~ I could get them in the other colors!! Omg... the things that excite me. I think I will get two more pair. I have a two 5k and a Spartan race in June (though, I plan to wear a pair that is just about ready to be retired on the day of the spartan - I do have lots of training to do). I want to do a series of 5 summer runs this summer. A half in September and two 5ks in October.
  • scraver2003
    Options
    I usually have two pairs so I can alternate when I run on consecutive days - especially if it is during the warmer times of year...gives the shoes time to air out and its healthier for your feet...

If you found running shoes that are comfortable and work well for you - buy more!! Go...now...skip work...do it!!!

Lol! I can get them on Amazon... free two day shipping with prime! Maybe I could skip work and just go for another run today...?
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The last three pairs of running shoes I have had were the same brand and model :-), if you find a shoe that you feel is perfect for you buy as many pairs as you can!
  • scraver2003
    Options
    If the running shoe works for you, (good support, corrects any ankle wobble pronation/supination issues, protects you feet from the surface you run on (street, rubber track, rocky trails, etc), and the tread doesn't wear down too quickly, then you've found the perfect shoe. Most running shoes should last 300+ miles, or the tread/upper isn't up to your gait and strike pattern. My husband wears through most running shoes at the heel in around 150 miles, but the ones that build up the heel better last ~500; a pretty huge difference in lifetime costs! I wear through most women's running shoes at about the same rate, at around 300 miles, tearing the upper rather than wearing through the tread. Each of us varies, and it takes a while to hone in on the best shoe for you. Once you find it, it's like bad romance-level love. ;)

The styles of most running shoes change every year (women's styles quickly go out of production, sometimes every 6 months). If it's not a model that's been carried for years and years unchanged, then buy several for backups when the current pair eventually wears through.

Use the pair that's worn out and longer ideal for running as your everyday sneaker (still comfy as heck, but not so great for high impact use). That's what we do in our house! :)

IDK... it seems like Saucony changes their sneaks a lot. It seems like they keep some styles, but upgrade and change them. I struggle with shoes rubbing on my heels. Always my darn heels... even when they fit right. This didn't rub at all.

http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteController/saucony/womensexcursiontr7/4-113570/catId/cat10002/stockNumber/15170-4/skuId/***4********15170-4*M050/subCatId/cat1220398/showDefaultOption/true/productdetails
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have three pair of the same running shoe! Different colors, but same shoe. Switch them out to help them last longer. Love them !:)
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yep. I always get two pairs of my primary training shoe and rotate them for each run. And yes to getting two different colors. Seriously thinking about pre-buying two more pairs in case the shoe manufacture decides to "upgrade" them.
  • TravisMalsbary
    Options
    Agreed! BUY MORE! My first pair ever was Mizuno Wave Rider 11s and since then I have owned, Brooks, Sacouny, Puma, and none were as good as that first pair of Mizunos. Wish I had never left the brand. They are just SO expensive, I was looking for other brands that were on sale.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I think I've found "my shoe" and will be doing the same once they go on clearance. All the cool kids do it like that.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yup - bought my first, felt like little clouds for my feet. 4 months later bought a second pair. I'm expecting my 3rd pair in that same model/brand to arrive on Monday!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,220 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I just bought two pairs of the exact same shoe because I love them and they were on sale. Do it!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have 2 pairs of my Brooks PureFlow's
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i only have one pair of running shoes but ive bought 5 pairs of the same bball shoes for my league games
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 pairs of Nike Pegasus 30
    started off with just 1 pair but love them so much just had to buy a 2nd pair to replace my trusty old Reeboks.
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yep, yep, yep! If the shoe fits, buy it!
  • scraver2003
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! Totally going to buy them in the other two colors. Hee hee hee...
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    It's all about the sales baby! If I find a deal I stock up.