Wow! This is me doing this

Options
So after visiting the Dr and hearing all the bad news that the extra weight is causing I think it's finally time for me to listen. It's amazing how long I have heard and known what the damage can be and that I have ignored it. So my Dr. said try a personal food diary and I found this site which seems to be layed out very well.

I like that I can see my so called semi healthy breakfast today was 700+ calories. Time to trim a bit off that food selection.

I want to feel motived and in control of my life and eating habits. I want beat the strong hold that food has on my life and to maybe help someone else who will help me. I will be the first to admit that it's because I eat large supersize me portions. Sure I like to use the large frame body excuse on occasion but deep down I know it's me and my struggles that have brought me to this point in my life.

I wish the best to myself and to anybody else who may feel the same way and I hope that this really is finally day 2 of the rest of my life.

Replies

• rstuartcpa
    rstuartcpa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the first step. This community is the best thing I've found... and it was recommended by my doctor.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I was totally in your shoes back in March. I've tried a few other sites and by far, this place has saved my life. Like you've discovered already, it's a real eye opener once the foods are logged.

Welcome and I hope you find much success here!!

Feel free to add me if you want.

Just never give up. The people here will help you and keep you motivated. This is a great "family" network here with lots of support. :)
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    This is a great site to help you. Good luck:)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You are already doing an awesome and amazing job just by being here. You will find lots of people that are in the same place you are and some that are way beyond but can help you get to where you want to be. Feel free to friend me if you like!

Good luck!!!
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wish you the very best luck! It's hard but I know you can do this, anyone can. Everyone I have met on here has been helpful and very friendly. There is a lot of inspiration in the forums :happy:
  • lady_hellis
    lady_hellis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the health thing... I got my blood sugar tested last week and am in the Pre diabetic stage... Yikes! feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other as we get healthy!