Butt Sweat

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Just want this show up in my friends' feeds.

Also, OP do your thing and don't worry what anyone else thinks.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I only wear black shorts/pants. I keep my outfits fun by having lots of brightly colored tops. I don't care so much if I have visible back, underarm, or boob sweat, but crotch/butt sweat is a no-go. lol
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Maybe a maxi pad?

I don't worry about it. I regularly leave my butt print on the bench in the weight room. I just spray the area down with the gym spray and clean it up.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've used this when I used to do a lot of maintenance in hot environments. Kept my legs from rubbing raw http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder-Calamine/dp/B0030ITTJ2/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1397695384&sr=1-7.

Didn't pay anything close that price, though...

Thanks for the link to this...I get rashes sometimes on my inner thighs in the summer with dresses etc and not all powders will do the trick. I am in Canada and hope I can find some around here to try.

Runner's Glide will fix the rash issue. I run in running skirts pretty much all summer, when I get done I have sweat all the way from my waist band to the bottom hem, sometimes I will drip, and I don't get chaffing. When my running miles get up there and I sweat too much, I apply more mid run at some potty as some random gas station, 7-11 or other spot I can stop at to pee and reapply.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wear your butt sweat like a badge of honor!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wear black?

Truth.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

1339334853140_3312353.png
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. It's the gym. It's sweat. Get over it.
  • KellySP23
    Options
    I love the topic line! I sweat pretty good myself. I always wear black pants and go for longer shirts, which of course are layered, so my tank top underneath is usually drenched! I don't think there is much to do about it, just shows your working hard!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I worry something like this will happen when I am performing dance. It hasn't yet. So having a good pair of pants is important (sometimes we perform in black pants as part of our costume). I guess thick pants, synthetic fabric. I saw something about underwear that absorbs fluid. I've never tried them and they were expensive. But, here is that link: http://www.dearkates.com/ Also, if you wear sweat pants, it won't show at all. Or looser pants. You could also try a double layer. I am wearing a pair of tights with an attached skirt (in a lot of my photos). They work for regular activities at the gym. But the skirt just goes up when I am kicking my legs around and getting into all kinds of different positions in dancing.

I also worry that lululemon type pants will be see through on stage and under the lights.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, lots of guys find sweaty women to be incredibly sexy. My beloved LOVES IT when I get sweaty. Even if I'm just riding my bike :tongue:
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Lululemon- Run Inspire Crops or Wunder Under Crops, both in black. You won't see the sweat!

Knixwear- awesome undies that are made for working out. No visible panty lines, either.

Good luck and keep on sweating! Hope this helps to at least hide the butt sweat ;)
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I've used this when I used to do a lot of maintenance in hot environments. Kept my legs from rubbing raw http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-Butt-Powder-Calamine/dp/B0030ITTJ2/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1397695384&sr=1-7.

Thanks for the link to this...I get rashes sometimes on my inner thighs in the summer with dresses etc and not all powders will do the trick. I am in Canada and hope I can find some around here to try.

I've used Body Glide for areas like my inner thighs in the summer and it works wonderful! It's like a deodorant stick. You just glide it on and it keeps your skin from rubbing. Great for when wearing dresses or swimsuits. I found mine at a local running store but have also seen it at sportchek if i'm not mistaken.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Sweat happens. There isn't anything you should feel you have to do about it. It's just a side effect of heavy cardio indoors. Happens to me to.

ETA: I see lots of people advising black and synthetics - yes, this helps! Also I love the merino wool workout stuff (when I can afford it). Wicks like crazy, keeps you cool and non-smelly.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I've used Body Glide for areas like my inner thighs in the summer and it works wonderful! It's like a deodorant stick. You just glide it on and it keeps your skin from rubbing. Great for when wearing dresses or swimsuits. I found mine at a local running store but have also seen it at sportchek if i'm not mistaken.

Body Glide is totes expensive! Lanacane makes one for $6 or so. Works just as well!

http://www.drugstore.com/lanacane-anti-chafing-gel/qxp297902?catid=195677
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Depends
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I discovered this problem when I did my first half marathon. When I went to check my marathon photos OMG!! It looked like I peed on myself. I sweat in both places.

There's really no way around this one other than wearing black. Black bottoms hide it the best. Long shirts work too:laugh:
  • Jemoules
    Jemoules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    squirt yourself / tip water over yourself and make it ALL wet! haha! don't worry so much about it, anyone else going hard like you will be looking the same. Keep up the fab work :bigsmile:
  • mariaegarcia9685
    mariaegarcia9685 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get drenched when I workout. Even when it's not a hard workout. The thing I do to help with the visibility of sweat are:
    1. Wear black
    2. Do not wear cotton. Moisture wicking material feels lighter when wet and shows less sweat
    3. A lot of running pants have a slight metallic finish so that they reflect light at night. During the day, it also helps to hide the visibility of sweat.
    4. Embrace the sweat! lol

* My favorite pair of workout pants were $10 at Old Navy. Dark grey/light grey speckled material. I wear them for kickboxing, because they don't show ANY sweat...especially in the crotch and butt area. Good luck!
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. It's not actual butt sweat but my back does and it rolls down the middle into the crack...lol! I find black pants show the wet spot too. I have tried a different undies, types of pants, regular baby powder, spray deodorants to wick the sweat away, even a maxi pad on my tailbone to see it it helped. Nothing really worked great. The powder works somewhat and so does the deodorant. I used to go blow dry myself a few times during a 2 Hour workout! Haha!!! Now, I just wrap a sweatshirt of long sleeve shirt around my butt after I know I'm getting too sweaty. It also helps with not leaving sweat on the machines too. It's just easier.