Going out for birthday dinner at white spot what can I eat?

Maqneta
Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
Hello!
so my birthday was a few weeks ago, but I had asked to go for dinner when I could get all my family available (which happened to be today) and we're going to go to dinner at white spot but I'm not exactly sure what to eat that wont take me over my calories.

if you go out for dinner what is something you order that is healthy and what can you drink besides soda, coffee or tea?

Replies

• PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Go to White Spot's web site ( I'm assuming this is a restaurant.) Check out the menu for reasonable calorie dishes/plan to cut it in half to take home/ and eat slowly if your meal is smaller than everyone else's. Good luck!
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Try meat and a veggie. No sauce, or added cheese. Its easy to figure out what you are eating when you keep the food simple.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
  • Maqneta

thanks! :) not sure if you've tried any of this if so what would you suggest?
  • Maqneta
    Really OP? At White spot? White spot?

2566489_zpsf677f3fc.jpg

But honestly, I've never heard of White spot but in all reality, you are celebrating your birthday. It's your birthday, to eat what you want, eat some cake, enjoy yourself and that's it. The next day you go about your business just like you had been doing. You can't let this weight loss journey consume you and have you worried about things like this.

Who really wants to live forever with no sauces, like or added cheeses or cake? What a boring way to live. OP, live.

The reason for me trying to avoid greasy foods is from around 9-18 I was chubby / obese and I was bullied for it, I drank two 2 L of pop a day, a ton of ice cream, chips, french fries, hamburgers and chicken strips after all of this I ended with a heart scare that really changed how I felt, I never have cared for what I have put into my body until around last year and It's become something I take pride in that I'm consuming things that are healthy for my body and provide me with the things I need to stay healthy I have a snack every few days to treat myself for my hard work, but I feel that consuming the things I did ages ago will put me back in my habits.

as for the name I'm quoting this from a website.
    " Behind Nat on the log cabin were two words in green: White Spot. His first idea for a name had been Granville Barbecue, but instead he took the advice of his friend, the late sportsman George Irwin. “Why not call in White Spot like that fellow on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles?” he’d suggested. “he’s doing all right with the name.” So White Spot Barbecue it was, and Nat prayed that success would flow north."
  • Maqneta
    Really OP? At White spot? White spot?

2566489_zpsf677f3fc.jpg

But honestly, I've never heard of White spot but in all reality, you are celebrating your birthday. It's your birthday, to eat what you want, eat some cake, enjoy yourself and that's it. The next day you go about your business just like you had been doing. You can't let this weight loss journey consume you and have you worried about things like this.

Who really wants to live forever with no sauces, like or added cheeses or cake? What a boring way to live. OP, live.

The reason for me trying to avoid greasy foods is from around 9-18 I was chubby / obese and I was bullied for it, I drank two 2 L of pop a day, a ton of ice cream, chips, french fries, hamburgers and chicken strips after all of this I ended with a heart scare that really changed how I felt, I never have cared for what I have put into my body until around last year and It's become something I take pride in that I'm consuming things that are healthy for my body and provide me with the things I need to stay healthy I have a snack every few days to treat myself for my hard work, but I feel that consuming the things I did ages ago will put me back in my habits.

as for the name I'm quoting this from a website.
    " Behind Nat on the log cabin were two words in green: White Spot. His first idea for a name had been Granville Barbecue, but instead he took the advice of his friend, the late sportsman George Irwin. “Why not call in White Spot like that fellow on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles?” he’d suggested. “he’s doing all right with the name.” So White Spot Barbecue it was, and Nat prayed that success would flow north."

In regards to the name. I was joking. It was a joke.

In regards to being a fat or obese person, so was I, the majority of my life. That still does not change my advice.

Have a good birthday dinner.

thank you for the advice and I'll treat myself to a nice slice of pie for the day ^_^
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    The Triple O's sauce is tastey, but it's a hit on the calories. Maybe avoid any of the burgers with the sauce on them, even though the Legendary is delicious.

I got the chipotle wrap last time I was there, and it was more lettuce and chunks of tomato than anything else. Was disappointing for me, but might be what you're looking for. Just have to be careful how much of the chipotle mayo is in there.