What is "the thing about" you?

Options
2»

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    The thing about me is...most of the time people do not know if I am being sarcastic or not. Oh and mistaking my sensitivity for weakness, I'm more sensitive to others feelings than my own.

I'm feeling hungry. :frown:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    The thing about me is, I am too optimistic and positive for people to handle. Too many just WANT that drama and hate when I can negate it.
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have a big heart
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Last weekend, my husband and I were at my parents' house sitting around talking with my mom and sister. My mom is a very fragile person, and she made the comment that I can "cut her heart with a knife" just with the things I say to her. Now, you'd have to understand the "off" relationship I have with my mother, but I don't walk on eggshells around her and her feelings are hurt very easily. That comment by her spurred this conversation...

Sister: That's just how Lyndsey is. She's going to be honest and tell you like it is.
    Me: I just look at things from a logical perspective, not an emotional perspective.
    Mom: Well maybe you should look at it from my perspective.
    Me: I'm pretty sure I don't know how to do that.
    Sister: No, but that's one of the things I love about her. If I want to know the truth, she's the person I go to. It makes her who she is.
    Mom: Okay, but it comes off as mean and uncaring.
    Husband: The way I see it is...if you have a question and there's a possible answer that you don't want to hear, don't ask Lyndsey the question.
    Me: I tells it like it is. Sorry, but not sorry.

Apparently, the "thing about me" is that I'm going to be brutally honest with you whether you like what I'm saying or not. And also, I'm not an emotional person, so I'm not going to tip-toe around your feelings. If that makes me a b!tch, so be it, but I don't say things to purposefully hurt people, so it's not my fault that you're hurt by the truth.

So, what's "the thing about" you?

And refrain from saying generic things that apply to everyone - "the thing about me is, you don't talk *kitten* about my momma." Really? Because I love when people do that. *eye roll*

I've known many people who say the same thing. "I'm just brutally honest," but I think you can be honest, and still have tact. You don't have to hurt the person to get your point across. With that being said, yes there are those that really need a good kick in the *kitten* sometimes. lol..

The thing about me, is I lack confidence in myself, but always more than willing to cheer and encourage others. But that's why I'm on MFP to get my confidence back.

Some people are not capable of tact. Your baby is adorable, by the way. :flowerforyou:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Don't deal with negative energy well, am very upbeat, can't deal with death or sadness because I'm too busy being in a good mood. Can't stand it when people say in their whiny voice "i'm sick" or "my back hurts". uggghhh

Me too, I hate when people die and it causes other people to be negative and sad. They're so selfish, going around mourning loved ones. :grumble:
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Don't deal with negative energy well, am very upbeat, can't deal with death or sadness because I'm too busy being in a good mood. Can't stand it when people say in their whiny voice "i'm sick" or "my back hurts". uggghhh

Me too, I hate when people die and it causes other people to be negative and sad. They're so selfish, going around mourning loved ones. :grumble:

No time for compassion, duh. :smokin:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't act as if my phone is one of my appendages and have it with me all of the time. Sometimes I will leave it in another room or upstairs for a couple of hours or more. People get super pissed if I don't text them back immediately, as if I sit there all day just waiting for texts and calls to come through. Also, I never answer if I don't know the number. Anyone who knows me well knows this about me, but some people get really upset and take it personally. Oh well.
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The thing about me is that I'm kind of annoying.
    I don't really think that you have to sugarcoat something to say something tactfully. Being blunt is always the easiest, but if you care about someone, you're not going to just blurt whatever comes first in your head.

"Honey, do these jeans make me look fat?"
    "Yes, like a F8cking blimp, babe."

That would be exaggerating unless she really did look like a blimp.

You are annoying! LOL.. just kidding.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    The thing about me is... I'm Saintly.
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Last weekend, my husband and I were at my parents' house sitting around talking with my mom and sister. My mom is a very fragile person, and she made the comment that I can "cut her heart with a knife" just with the things I say to her. Now, you'd have to understand the "off" relationship I have with my mother, but I don't walk on eggshells around her and her feelings are hurt very easily. That comment by her spurred this conversation...

Sister: That's just how Lyndsey is. She's going to be honest and tell you like it is.
    Me: I just look at things from a logical perspective, not an emotional perspective.
    Mom: Well maybe you should look at it from my perspective.
    Me: I'm pretty sure I don't know how to do that.
    Sister: No, but that's one of the things I love about her. If I want to know the truth, she's the person I go to. It makes her who she is.
    Mom: Okay, but it comes off as mean and uncaring.
    Husband: The way I see it is...if you have a question and there's a possible answer that you don't want to hear, don't ask Lyndsey the question.
    Me: I tells it like it is. Sorry, but not sorry.

Apparently, the "thing about me" is that I'm going to be brutally honest with you whether you like what I'm saying or not. And also, I'm not an emotional person, so I'm not going to tip-toe around your feelings. If that makes me a b!tch, so be it, but I don't say things to purposefully hurt people, so it's not my fault that you're hurt by the truth.

So, what's "the thing about" you?

And refrain from saying generic things that apply to everyone - "the thing about me is, you don't talk *kitten* about my momma." Really? Because I love when people do that. *eye roll*

I've known many people who say the same thing. "I'm just brutally honest," but I think you can be honest, and still have tact. You don't have to hurt the person to get your point across. With that being said, yes there are those that really need a good kick in the *kitten* sometimes. lol..

The thing about me, is I lack confidence in myself, but always more than willing to cheer and encourage others. But that's why I'm on MFP to get my confidence back.

Some people are not capable of tact. Your baby is adorable, by the way. :flowerforyou:

Thank you.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I don't act as if my phone is one of my appendages and have it with me all of the time. Sometimes I will leave it in another room or upstairs for a couple of hours or more. People get super pissed if I don't text them back immediately, as if I sit there all day just waiting for texts and calls to come through. Also, I never answer if I don't know the number. Anyone who knows me well knows this about me, but some people get really upset and take it personally. Oh well.
    Yeah, I throw my phone in the drawer when I get home on Friday and don't take it out again until Monday morning. I might check it sometime Saturday to see if there's anything important.
  • I'm a total A-hole. Really, I am!
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options

This pretty much sums me up as well
    I wouldn't say I was brutally honest but I'll say exactly what I mean with very little consideration to whom I'm saying it to or how I'm saying it .
    Someone once called me emotionally lazy, which is probably about right, I prefer to get on with people because it's easier, but I don't care if I don't, just as long as it doesn't require effort.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    I see the possibilities and solutions. I don't dwell on what is wrong. I see a situation and automatically start finding the most direct and efficient way through it. People have come to realize that if all they need is for me to lend an ear and not offer a solution or five they need to tell me so.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    The thing about me is I am stubborn to a fault. I will pick up a cause and kick that horse until it's not only dead but long since turned to dust, mostly because I am unwilling to admit defeat even in the smallest of things. I am intolerant of lies and liars and have no patience for braggarts or willful ignorance. I can also be kind of an a**hole.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    The thing about me is I am stubborn to a fault. I will pick up a cause and kick that horse until it's not only dead but long since turned to dust, mostly because I am unwilling to admit defeat even in the smallest of things. I am intolerant of lies and liars and have no patience for braggarts or willful ignorance. I can also be kind of an a**hole.
    Muscle weighs more then fat!:bigsmile:
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more then fat!:bigsmile:

Indeed it does! :D Now if the rest of this fat would walk away somewhere else to reveal the muscle beneath I wouldn't complain over that.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The thing about me is that I don't have a thing.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    The thing about me is that I don't have a thing.

The thing about me is that I have a thing